Log In Sign Up

Francis Alexander 11/28

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: York, pa
Posts: 4,235
Monday night, 11/26, I ended up in L&D because I noticed I was having high BP's and headaches that day. I went in and was hooked up to monitors, had blood work drawn and monitored for about 2 hours. Baby was doing fine and my BP's ended up going back down to normal, and blood work looked good. I was sent home.

Tuesday I wasn't feeling too great all day, I slept till 1 pm. I was noticing chest pain on the left side of my chest. I stayed in bed a lot of the day and was just tired. I wanted to get out of the house so we walked our dogs (like every night).Then John and I decided to go out to dinner, I didn't feel like cooking. We had a really nice dinner and I was feeling much better. We went home and watched some TV, headed to bed around 11pm. I was feeling good at that point. I went to the bathroom before bed and noticed a large glob of bloody mucus in the toilet. I told John about it and said it may mean labor is close. I wasn't too hopeful, I had two cervical checks the day before and thought that could have caused it, and my body had been tricking me for weeks.

I woke up around 12:30 am, Weds morning, to pee. I got back into bed and noticed some lower back pain. It was like really bad menstrual cramps, tolerable but worse that what I had been experience. My first thought was Please no, don't let this be the start of labor. (I had been saying this whole time how I really did not want to go into labor in the middle of the night lol). I tried to go back to sleep but after a few mins the pain was getting worse and I had a constant urge to pee. I woke John and told him my back really hurt but I couldn't get him to fully wake up or to understand what I was saying. I went downstairs to try heat on my back. The pain was there constantly but varied in intensity. Shorty after trying the heat I got a really bad contraction, it forced my to the floor on all fours. It was the worse pain I have ever felt.

I woke up John crying, telling him I was in so much pain. He told me I was in labor but I still wasn't sure lol. I expected belly pain and I expected labor to come on gradually. At that point the pain was so bad in my back and was coming anywhere between 1 to 5 mins apart (the intense part, the pain was always there). John told me we need to time them, I told him no, it hurts too much and has been going on for an hour and I wanted to go to the hospital and get an epidural right now. He insisted on timing them and kept telling me they were irregular. I convinced him to call my Dr for me and the Dr told him that I needed to come in right away, since I had been 3 cm dilated at my appts. Thank goodness the Dr told him to bring me in. John was about to be killed. I was in so much pain and wanted to either go to the hospital for pain meds or for someone to just kill me, it was that bad.

10 mins later we arrived at the hospital. They took me to triage, I was trying to keep my cool and not cry and moan during the contractions. They checked me quickly, I was having contractions, and I was 5 cm dilated after only about 2 hours of contractions. I was going to be admitted, I was in labor. I got to m room, my IV was started, blood work was drawn. I was in so much pain 10/10 on pain scale. I had to wait for my blood work to come back for my epidural. Around 5 am or so, I was able to have my epidural. The first one did not work at all, the placed second and it worked. Finally some relief. My contractions were very irregular to begin with but were doing there job, after the epi the strength of them slowed down. I labored for a few more hours. Around 7 am I was checked and was 8 cm, 100%, baby at station 0. They decided to break my water at 8 am, they did and I got to 9 cm. They also noticed meconium in the water. My epi at this point started to wear off on my left side, I had all feeling and could move my leg. I kept telling the nurse this, but she said it couldn't wear off. I started getting extreme pain in my butt and vag, it hurt and I told them and the said it was pressure...um, no, it was pain. I kept saying it hurts too bad, so they gave me more meds through my epi, didn't help.

I labored, in a lot of pain again for a few more hours. Then my monitors started alarming every 5 mins, my pulse and BP were high. They figured it was because of the pain and they weren't worried. Then we noticed on the monitor Frankie's heart rate low, in the 90's (he had been doing great the entire time, heart rate 140). Everyone came running into the room, I was put on O2 and rolled to my side, his heart rate came back up. A little while later everyone came running back in because his heart rate was 180-200. I had to have internal monitors placed, which really hurt, but are suppose to be more accurate. Around 11:30 my Dr came in to talk about a c-section. The baby couldn't progress past station 0 and with his heart rate doing what it was, the Dr thought it would be best. John and I talked and decided it was what was best for our Frankie. I really did not want to do it. Around noon the came and got me set up for the c section, took me back into the OR. Brought John in and began. At 12:48 pm Frankie was born and instantly started to cry, I cried, it was a beautiful sound. John got to see him as they cleaned him up, he was talking to him, it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. John came over to me to show me pics and was describing him to me and started to cry, too cute. They stitched me up, the numbing meds started to wear off, so I could feel pain on the left side as the stitched me.

We were moved to recovery and I got to finally see Frankie. He was just the cutest baby I have ever seen and couldn't believe he was mine. I struggled with some depression while in the hospital, I was upset about a c section, I was mad because breastfeeding was not working, I was scared about how life was going to change, I was most upset because I didn't have that instant love for Frankie. I think the c section had a lot to do with it, I obviously couldn't see the procedure, so I did not see his birth. They didn't bring him to me till later, so it could have been anyones baby. lol. Things are great now, he is such a good baby, I have never loved someone as much as do him. Breastfeeding is going awesome. I love our new life. I also love John even more now, he is just amazing, I can't even describe how great he is.
me in labor lol

Francis Alexander
11/28/12- 12:48 pm
9lbs 1 oz 21 1/4 inches


Last edited by melaniek85; December 3rd, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 1,792
Congratulations. I know how emotionally hard an unexpected c-section can be. You're doing great.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0