Log In Sign Up

Emma Lee 12/13/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lilemma86

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,101
ill post a short version and the long fir anyone who wants to read

*i had a couple of contractions the morning of the 12th and they petered out.
*saw the midwife that morning i was still 1cm 90% efface
*ran some errands and git adjested at the chiroprsctirs
*felt something pop when he adjesyed my tailbone, but wasnt my water
*came home and started having some mild contractions about 10-15 min apart
*by 6 we discussed that this may be it and the DH ran to the store for meds for his mom (who lives with us)
*6:30 sitting on the floor petting dog when i get up there was a gush down my leg
*updated doula and midwife and called hubby
* contractions were still mild but 3-5 min apart
*8pm they picked up
*9:11 texted doula to let her know they picked up again
*9:17 DH had to text as i could no longer do it, got doula to come
*couldnt sit/lay down had to keep moving
*10pm doula arrives and feels leg to see how dilated i am (says 4-5cm)
*by 11:45 we talked of going to birth center, doula checks my leg and say probably 6cm
*12pm called mmidwife and let her know we were on the way
*12:30 arrive to birth center, they check me and yes! 6 cm
*1am got in tub AMAZING!!!!!!!!
*started pushing about 1:45
*2:14 she was born!! 6lb 5oz 19 inches long

long version:

My birth story

I should start off saying I have scoliosis and before I was pregnant I wanted to give birth naturally. So we picked the Charleston Birth Place and went for an orientation. This was about nine months before I got pregnant and the husband was against it at first. But when we left the center he got in the car and said to me “that is the coolest thing ever! I am excited about it now!”
It was the morning of Wednesday December 12th I rubbed my belly and said “it would be cool if you decided to come today and have a 12/12/12 birthday”. I suspected I had some contractions that night while sleeping on the couch. They finally were bothersome enough to make me pay attention to them. I decided to time them. One 15 min then 30 min and then an hour in between. Ok fine at 40 weeks three days I suspected I would have some contractions every now and then. I had an appointment with the midwife that morning at 8:30. My doula met me there and the appointment was normal. They checked me again (only my second check throughout the pregnancy) and I was still about 90% efface and dilated one centimeter. Ok that’s fine with me, my body is working and she will let me know when it is time to come. We went to breakfast at East Bay Deli and got the French toast LOVE! We talked about how my mother in law and my mother were like watching a pot try and boil. Every day they were asking if I had anything going on. We decided not to tell them about being checked because they would get caught up on the numbers and really turn on the heat. From day one I knew she was a girl, she would be small (maybe 7 pounder) and she would go over 40 weeks.
We finished up breakfast and I headed off to run some more errands. No more contractions and so I had lunch with my best friend (every Wednesday event) because the last few weeks we have been feeling like it might be our last. We joked that we could not miss lunch because we didn’t know. I thought she would be here the 15th and the hubby thought the 19th. I got my daily Starbucks (which was free!) and stopped by my favorite consignment shop. Almost bought a baby carrier but thought to myself “no I still have a little while”.
Off to my chiropractor at three. His wife had two home births and he helped turn my little one. At 37 weeks she was transverse and I saw him three times a week and an acupuncturist three times in one week. Then by the next appointment she had turned! That Monday night before the appointment I had a strange sensation like she was trying to kick out from the left side and ran all the way down from top to bottom. Looking back I think it was her head turning from transverse to head down.
Sorry back to almost labor. So he was adjusting me and I was laying on my stomach (with the pillows that have holes cut out the middle). He popped my tailbone, which was my main problem the whole pregnancy, and I felt a small pop sensation inside. I sat up and he asked if I was ok. I told him I will run to bathroom and let him know. It was a small gush of mucus (which I hate that word). Some red streaking in it but no watery discharge. After a few wipes I went back in and let him know I was ok, but that it was probably the rest of my plug coming out. He finished my adjustment and I joked about making another appointment. I called the midwife to ask her thoughts and let the doula know what was going on.
On the way home I got a contraction that made me think “note to self, don’t drive far distances”. This was about 3:45 in the afternoon. When I arrived home I found my mother in law to be sick and to get out of the house I walked to the barn to see what the hubby was doing. It was a rainy day so the horses had been in all day. He was finishing cleaning stalls and standing in the isle I had two more contractions. Not really thinking much of it we went in my parents’ house to get some medicine for the mother in law at home. While there I had two or three more that were a little more uncomfortable.
It was about 5:45 and we talked about what if this was it. I was now contracting closer together and bouncing on my ball at home. He ran to the grocery store at 6 to get some things. He must have known before I did because he bought the whole store!! At 6:30 and I was sitting on my floor stretching and petting my dog. When I got up I felt a gush that soaked my whole pants leg! While sitting on the toilet I let the doula know it was my water and she told me to get cleaned up and keep her updated. I called Randy and let him know. I downloaded a contraction app and waited on him to get home.
He brought everything in and while putting it up he decided it was time to clean the fridge! I knew it was the night at that point. He called my mother and grandmother to come sit with me while he got in the shower. They came and hung out and I think they were glad they got to be a part of the early labor even if it didn’t last long. My mom ran home to get some soup and when her and my dad brought it back things had picked up and in the middle of a contraction I told them “I’m really sorry but you cannot stay I love you and thank you so much for bringing it”. I got cold feeling and randy called grandma for hot chocolate, which was promptly delivered. Contractions were coming about 3-5 min apart lasting about a min. By 9 pm they had picked up in intensity and I let the doula know. Aat 9:11 I let her know the last couple had been even more intense still 5 min apart. By 9:17 Randy had to text her because I could not. He asked her to head our way. By 10 she arrived and things were getting really intense. She walked in and grabbed my leg to see how dilated I was. Randy thought it was the coolest thing. She said I was about 4-5 cm. I could not lie down between them so I was leaning over my ball and swaying my hips with each one. By 11 we decided to update the midwife and get things together to head that way. I could not help load the car. I fell asleep a little bit in between contractions for about three of them and then it was time to get in the car. The doula checked my leg before we left and she said I was probably about 6 cm.
The ride was better than I had expected and it took about 15-20 min to get there. When we pulled up at was 12:30 raining and cold. I was finishing a contraction when we pulled in and waited a min to get out. Once inside we set up camp which I could be no part of because the contractions were taking all my energy. The midwife checked me and found I was 6 cm and they started filling the tub. Time turned into a blur and things got more intense! Once they announced the tub was ready I jumped in! Oh the water felt amazing! I’m not sure how long I was in there before I felt pushy but I told them and they checked me and found I was 9 and ¾ with just a small lip left. They said I could push a little if I felt the urge. Randy was in the tub with me at this point sitting behind me while I was sitting with my arms resting on his legs. He was my rock through this whole thing! He kept telling me how great I was doing and reminding me to breath. I got really loud and roared through a couple of pushes. Then they reminded me that I could use that energy inside instead of out. So I got quiet and started pushing good at 1:45. I pushed for 29 minutes and she was out! I was convinced she was coming out sunny side up but I guess it was her ear that caught the top half. I did some choice words while the thickest part of her head came out. But once her head was out I think I pushed a little and she just slid out! They placed her on my chest and she looked up at us. We were so in love! She was perfect! I checked again that she was a girl and Randy was behind me crying over how beautiful she was! I looked at her and said “oh s*** Emma we did it!” She whimpered a little but she was just bright eyed and looking around. We waited for the cord to stop pulsing and randy got to cut it. He got dried off and took her for some skin to skin while they got me out and cleaned up. I had a small tear at the bottom they I could have had stitched but she said it was up to me. There was also a small tear at the top that will heal on their own.
She weighed 6lb 5oz and 19 inches long! I was so great full I had been able to do it with no medical interventions. I was still in shock she was really here. All those months talking to her and feeling her move was really amazing to see her. I was a little upset that I was no longer pregnant but I could have not asked for a better pregnancy, labor and delivery. My body is not broken and my baby is perfect! Randy is the best dad and she has him wrapped! Every day I look at her and am still amazed how we worked together and brought her in the world. It was the most intense thing I have ever done but at no point did I think I could not do it anymore. It was always just one more closer to seeing her and this pain to be over. I am so glad the choices we made and how we brought her earth side.

Reply With Quote
December 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,553
Such a beautiful birth story!

Reply With Quote
December 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,795
Loved the birth story!!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

Reply With Quote
December 30th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 22
Congratulations!!! Great story
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0