Certificate of Life

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The other day a nurse from the Childbirth Center at the hospital called to check up on me and see how I was doing...She wanted to know if there was anything we needed etc...I told her that they had forgotten to give me the little Birth Certificate that they usually give you to put in the baby book...I was told I was going to get one, and about a week later I realized that I never got one...So today in the mail I got a "certificate of Life" all filled out...On the bottom it says "Sometimes Love is For a moment. Sometimes love is for a lifetime. Sometimes a moment is a lifetime. In an instant you changed hearts forever"...I thought it was so nice...I don't have a babybook for Ella and it's too big to fit in her memory box, so I think i'm going to frame it and hang it up by her urn and other things...Here's a picture of it.

as you can see the attendants isn't filled out...I don't think I told anyone (I still haven't posted my birth story), that I was alone when Ella was born (my nurse was in the room), but my husband or doctor weren't there

November 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is beautiful!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Super Mommy
It is beautiful! My hospital wouldn't even give me a crib card. I asked for one and they just kinda brushed me off saying they don't really give those or something like that. Cherish it mama!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
aww that's horrible! I got a crib card and she wasn't even in a crib till I asked them to bring it out..It's something they put in her memory box...I think we have so little to hold on to when we loose a baby that they should give you anything and everything to keep...I never realized how much I would cherish every little thing till after she was gone.

November 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That's so beautiful Megan! I think framing it is a wonderful idea!

Kathryn, I'm so sorry you didn't even get a crib card. I have the crib card and hospital bracelets they would have put on her had she been born alive in her memory box.

November 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
It's beautiful I have one too, it means a lot to me, as Ethan was too young for a death certificate.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
noworries
That's wonderful. I didn't get anything like that for Eli.
November 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's beautiful. I didn't get anything but the footprints, a picture and a memory box from the hospital. I haven't really asked about anything else because I was in a such state of shock. I regret it so much right now. I didn't get any calls either from the hospital. They didn't refer me to any support groups. It was a nice hospital, but they way they handle the stillbirth is strange.

November 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
That's wonderful. I didn't get anything like that for Eli.
Stillbirth Certificate

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen123 View Post
It's beautiful. I didn't get anything but the footprints, a picture and a memory box from the hospital. I haven't really asked about anything else because I was in a such state of shock. I regret it so much right now. I didn't get any calls either from the hospital. They didn't refer me to any support groups. It was a nice hospital, but they way they handle the stillbirth is strange.

I'm really sorry ...From what my nurse told me the program that they have at my hospial was started by the nurses, and I think it's done by donations...I'm not sure if it's been around for long or not...That should be something every hospital does because honestly it's helped so much...They've already called me a couple times, plus i've gotten calls from my doctor's office, and the mother baby center that's not even part of the hospital (the hospital called them)...I also have a number of a support group...I think the group started this week but I haven't been able to bring myself to call yet...It might be too soon to be in a group of people.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search