For those who use pockets

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM
CandiceN's Avatar Sam & Alex's mommy!
How many do you have? Do you use a mixture or just stick to one brand that you like? How often do you do laundry?

Thanks!!!

My boys are my life.

July 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Super Mommy
I have 18 fuzzi bunz, 6 thirsties aio, and 4, soon to be 8 Cubbies, and 4 katnappies. My initial stash was FB's, they do work really well for my boys, especially for nighttime. This is for 2 boys remember. I usually do diaper laundry every other day. So with half my stash and 1 child you could do it every 4 days or so.

July 1st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Snakes-n-Snails
I love pockets! I have TKCuddler cubbies, NivyNaps, Happy Heiny, Starbunz, WAHM, and Blessed Bottoms. All together, I have probably 18 or so pockets. I do laundry anywhere from every other day to every 4 days, depending on my mood. I have more than just pockets though, and my son is 17 months old so he doesn't use as many dipes a day as a newborn does.
July 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only have 3 pockets, BG3.0's. I use them at night, and the church nursery uses them on Sundays since they're so easy. But other than that I'm a prefold gal
July 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I have 10. knicker nappies, BG 3.0, nivynaps and FB. They are for outings and for DH. My first stash was 18 FB and I washed every other day.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

July 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
peimum's Avatar Being crazy isn't enough
Currently the only pockets we have are TKC's... and we love them! We have 6 of them.
July 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have an assortment. I have 5 BG 3.0's (for night time), 3 SDF's, and 2 Chunky Monkeys for a total of 10 pockets.
July 2nd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 drybees, and 4 TKCs. The drybees are usually are first dipe of the day, and we never use them out and about. I love my TKCs. I have 2 FB on the way. I wash every 2-3 days now, but i have a lot of other dipes in my stash too.
July 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh will only use pockets and since he's home during the day, he has his own stash. (I prefer fitteds/prefolds with covers)
During "baby" stage, I had as many as 30 pockets and washed every other day. I'd wash when we got 1/2 in the wash since more than that and I'd end up with stinkies
Now we still have 20 pockets but only use 2-3 per day since he's wearing trainers most of the day now. I still wash every other day with between 8-10 diapers/trainers in there.

I tried doing it with smaller amounts and there was always the day where I didn't get to wash and we'd be out of diapers. DH hates using the fitteds so he complain. Since I make my own, I don't mind having too many.

I've tried every pocket diaper out there. What works for one child may not for another. Best bet is to just get one to try. Same for the inserts.

DH hates AIO though mainly because I refuse to buy hidden soakers since they take too long to dry and the snap in ones are too confusing for him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search