Just curious

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I know theres a section on the AP board about EC, but does anyone in here practice EC?

I've recently been reading up on it - A LOT & I'm seriously considering it.

DH of course said "Well.. if you don't have diapers to obsess over, what will you do?"..

LOL.

Also, what works best for you? I'm planning on ordering some tiny undies from the EC store, thats all I see out there thats on the small side.

July 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just curious, what is EC?

July 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Elimination Communication, its pretty much watching for ques your child gives you as to when they need to eliminate waste - pee or poop. It's more common where disposable diapers & cloth are not options, like some parts of Asia & Africa, & even in South America.

Its also called Natural Infant Hygiene too..

Can you tell I've been reading up on it? LOL

July 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i like the idea, but i feel like we go out a LOT and any time we were out of the house it wouldnt be very practical. I feel like it would work better for mom's that are more housebound for whatever reason. But im an "all or nothing" person. Im not very good at doing things some of the time .

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

July 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Super Mommy
I think it can work but there would be times you would miss it and there would still be accidents. It is really the parents who are trained IMO and not the baby. I read up on it a little but it seemed way too complicated to try it with twins.

July 1st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have heard it but did not try it im just working on potty training Zoe right now but its part her learning and part me learning but lately she has been telling me when she has to go and today we are 10.5 hours no pee accidents and still going. sorry for hijacking i was just so excited, but It wont hurt to try! if i get bored i will see if i can find anything out too.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

July 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do it a bit here, VERY relaxed about it though. We started late too, 8-9 mo. For that age a Baby Bjorn Little Potty works perfect. Dixie will go on it if she has to go wen I put her on it, but gets up if she doesn't have to go. I have no clear pee signals from her yet, just put her on her potty throughout the day, praise her when she goes, and make a big deal about flushing the poopies and watching it go bye bye.
July 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I read up on it, but it's not something that I'm interested in pursuing. We're out a lot and also I work part time so it's not practical for us and not something I would ever expect our sitter to do. I'm impressed she'll use fitteds and covers, so to ask her to even attempt EC would definately be pushing the line.
July 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never read anything about EC except for knowing it went along with AP or something. I have put Kenna on the potty since she was about 8 mos. old when I see her looking like she has to poop. She goes really well. There may be a couple weeks at a time where I don't do it since I work full-time and she doesn't go as much with eating solid foods. I don't like being associated with AP or following a certain PT'ing book. So I've just down what works for me/her. I'm hesitant to tell people about Kenna going on the potty IRL b/c they make a big deal out of it! lol. But it saves on having to wash the poo out of the diaper and I like that she is learning about PT'ing at an early age.
July 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never really read about it, I just heard that your baby will give you signs when they need to go. Jack never does though. He plays naked sometimes and just pees without putting down his toy or even noticing that he's peed.

I can't train him until I have another baby anyway, I'd have to find a new hobby

July 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah, a lot of babies will simply give up on showing you signals - they say the best window of actually making it work is 0-4 months, but it takes a few months before getting clear good results. We had about 6 good catches yesterday after she nursed & I say "pee" every time it happens, so she'll hopefully realize the association in a few months. Its amazing how it cut my dirty diapers pretty much in half after only a week!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search