Ah, the drama....

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

So if you haven't read the OP, I ordered three inserts from a mama on DS in the early morning hours of Jan 31/Feb 1st. I was a little idiotic and naive, because she doesn't have that many transactions in her feedback (I think there are 7). I should have looked first, and maybe it's my fault that I didn't, but all she's done is sell (not buy), and she has a 100% rating, so I figured I was ok. Anyhow, so by all estimations, if she sent it out the next day (which she said she did), I should definitely have it by now. I know that if she sent it regular mail (parcel post), it can take a while (not sure where she's located), because I shipped something last Tuesday or Wednesday and it just arrived to the mama yesterday. So I guess it could depend on location.

My biggest beef is that I contacted her on Monday making sure that the package was sent. She said that she would ask her husband, but she's "pretty sure" it was sent the next day. If it wasn't, she assured me that she would let me know. So I never got another PM, so I assumed it was in the mail. My issue I guess is that she has so far failed to provide much evidence that it's been sent except her word. I have no notification on paypal (which is fine, b/c not everyone ships via paypal... heck, I don't b/c I don't have a printer). She hasn't offered a DC # to let me know that she's sent it. So I have nothing but her word.

I just sent her this PM:

Quote:
Just letting you know that I have not received the inserts yet. Do you have a DC # that I can check? I'm starting to get a little worried, because there are 4 things I ordered after I ordered the inserts from you, and I've received all of those. I just don't want them to get lost in the mail!

Thanks in advance! Sorry to bug you again![/b]
I'm going to give her a day to respond. If she doesn't, I'm opening up a paypal dispute. I know it's just inserts, and I know that it's just $9, but it's MY inserts and MY $9, you know? I'm just really frustrated. I don't understand WHY you wouldn't provide a DC # with EVERY transaction! It doesn't make sense to me.... that is only $0.75 and it protects you as the seller!

Do you think I'm overreacting or am I being pretty fair?

February 12th, 2009, 12:32 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I think you're being fair. Even when I ship through PP, I always PM with the DC# for the most part. Also.. Parcel post shouldn't be more then a 7-8 business days, right?

February 12th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I think you are being totally fair. I would file ASAP. Who was the seller?
February 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
I think you are being totally fair. I would file ASAP. Who was the seller?[/b]
Curlyq is her SN. She has almost no feedback, so yeah, I feel stupid for that, but what she DOES have is positive.

Parcel post is supposed to take 6-8 days. So that would make today day 10 (and nothing in the mail today). I suppose you could say that I was overreacting and jumping the gun on Monday, but now it's Thursday - this is definitely past the estimated time given by the USPS. I would feel a million times better if she would either a. admit that she didn't send it out on time or b. provide me with a DC #.

February 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I would file the dispute, and if you win and get your money back, and then they show, you can just pay her back. Although, if you remember my recent TKC custom order debacle, it may come eventually. That package was sent priority before Christmas and arrived over a month later. Sometimes the PO is stupid.
February 12th, 2009, 01:38 PM
MamaBx3
I would also file.
I'd be furious.. I hope you receive them!!!!
February 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just to play devils advocate, it could be the post office. I once bought something on ebay and it took 3 weeks to get even though I know she mailed it out next day. I hope you get it soon!

February 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Snowpeas
I think you've been more than fair! The momma has failed to communicate properly with you and that's suspicious in itself. I would definitely open a dispute - you can always cancel it with no harm done if you receive the package.
February 12th, 2009, 03:23 PM
~Trinity~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, you have been very fair. I hope they arrive soon for you too. I once shipped out a diaper first class and it took almost a full month to arrive, might just be a mail delay somewhere.

February 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
OMG! That sucks!
I hope you get 'em soon!! I would def. file tho..
February 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you are being fair...she should have at least provided you with the DC number. I know I am not always the best at remembering to pm the DC number right away, but I ALWAYS get DC and check the number until I know it has arrived.

Thanks Kara!!
February 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
See, I'm not so upset that it's not HERE. I'm just upset that she hasn't really communicated with me, hasn't given me a DC # or anything. She "thinks" her hubby mailed it out a week ago Monday, but thinks it could have been forgotten... and that was the LAST piece of communication that we had, was that she "thinks" he mailed it out.

I think if I don't hear back from her, then I'll file.... I give her until tomorrow afternoon.

February 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would go ahead and file a dispute with paypal. If she can't provide a DC number paypal should refund the money to you. I have an ebay store and have dealt with the PO losing things before but as soon as a buyer notifies me with a concern I always bend over backward to make sure they are happy and always offer a refund before they even ask. It is suspicious that she hasn't been in contact with you. Don't beat yourself up over the whole feedback thing because I have had many great transactions with new sellers and some really bad ones with experience sellers. You just can never tell for sure which is nice that you can file a dispute with paypal.

February 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
So this is the PM I got from her this evening....

Quote:
I'm sorry My husband says he sent it. I'll see if they have any way to track it. I think it was just sent through regular mail. Let me know if it shows up.
~Sarah[/b]
Sounds like no DC was purchased.... I just don't know. I'm hating the fact that I have to even file a PP dispute. I'm trying to delay that as much as possible because I don't want any neg FB (since I'm a new member on DS, too). I feel like if I file today, I'm really jumping the gun.

February 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Snowpeas
At least she got in contact with you, that's a better sign then when she was ignoring you. When are your 44 days up to file with pp?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search