Missed the boat..

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2011, 10:45 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So i came to the realization that Teddy is outgrowing his small "day time" diapers..... right after the Bumgenius aio sale ends.

During the day we use trimmer diapers, like aio or small pockets. Sometimes fitteds, but i haven't been reaching for them as much lately. What does your LO wear during the day? Have any reccomendations for a trim day time dipe? Hopefully not too expensive either.

ETA- Teddy seems to have smaller thighs and a bigger belly. I find myself cinching things tight to get the legs right.

January 15th, 2011, 11:45 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use BG4.0s pretty much exclusively. Well for baby Olive I still use the prefolds/covers but I love my fb xs. I remember you mentioning you didnt like those very well though...hmmm...

What about getting some elementals?? I SOO want some!
January 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When DS was that age (pre-crawling) I liked the Flip organics. I would tri-fold, then fan out the back a little so the pul wouldn't touch him (it was spring/summer here and I worried about him getting sweaty). They were trim with no folded bulk, absorbed a lot and didn't take up much space in the diaper bag. Pretty affordable, now we use the inserts for overnight and the covers with fitteds so I'm getting my moneys worth!
January 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doopsy diapers are really trim and they are good for not so chubby legs. They are also really cheap. I have one for Jamie and we get really good leg and waist fit. The only thing is for a one size they do run a little smaller then I'm used to seeing.
January 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuJo View Post
When DS was that age (pre-crawling) I liked the Flip organics. I would tri-fold, then fan out the back a little so the pul wouldn't touch him (it was spring/summer here and I worried about him getting sweaty). They were trim with no folded bulk, absorbed a lot and didn't take up much space in the diaper bag. Pretty affordable, now we use the inserts for overnight and the covers with fitteds so I'm getting my moneys worth!
I bought a used flip organic insert to try out, and it was a little too bulky yet in a BG due to my sons skinny legs. I'm excited to try it as an actual flip though. I have a flip cover... just never used it!

January 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
I bought a used flip organic insert to try out, and it was a little too bulky yet in a BG due to my sons skinny legs. I'm excited to try it as an actual flip though. I have a flip cover... just never used it!
Give it a shot, my son had chubby legs, but the elastic on them (the covers) doesn't really leave marks if you have to tighten it down!
January 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think ideally I'd be using TKC's and BG Elementals all day long. However I love variety so that's what we have.

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
January 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by survey77777 View Post
I think ideally I'd be using TKC's and BG Elementals all day long. However I love variety so that's what we have.
That's us lol we have a little bit of everything. Unfortunately a lot of things that don't work. A lot of things that most people love. FB leak at the legs, Elementals leak at the legs, TKCs leak out the everywhere (for sale in FSOT)... just not a good match for my babe. He must be a weird shape.

January 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i *think* the bg 3.0's are going back up for sale on monday. they were took down to prevent site overload or something when they marked down the 4.0's
January 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Brittany~*~ View Post
i *think* the bg 3.0's are going back up for sale on monday. they were took down to prevent site overload or something when they marked down the 4.0's

Ditto^^

From the seconds sale page "Inventory is being tightly controlled, however, to avoid overselling on the first quality all-in-ones, we have taken those offline until the website settles down. We'll put them back online on Monday."

I'm a big fan of the AIOs too. My DD is in the smalls right now and I bought some more mediums and some larges to complete my stash.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
January 16th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Veteran
Hey Alice you might want to try the pockets from just simply baby. My daughter has little thighs too and these fit her and we haven't had any leak issues with them. And they are cheap and not too bulky on my DD either.
January 16th, 2011, 07:30 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I got 2 bg 3.0's a few days ago from cottonbabies, and I LOVE them!!!
January 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks Ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search