critique my NB stash :)

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I have

3 Happy Heiny Mini
1 Happy Heiny fleece fitted
2 Mutts fitted
1 Zabi baby prefold (we arent big prefold people, this one was just really cute)
5 Doodle Dype Dynky AIO
4 lil Joey
2 XS Bumgenius
1 Small TKC
1 Imse Vimse organic cover
1 thirsties cover
1 bummis cover

I also have 10 Sandy's, but they seem like they won't fit until the stump falls off....I'm mostly looking for diapers to take to the hospital (we will stay 48 hours as our insurance requires the NB stay that long)

what would you add? anything not seem like a good idea? thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that sounds great I might have 6-12 prefolds on hand for back-up just in case. . .but I have always had a dozen prefolds on hand just in case. It makes me feel better for whatever reason lol. We want to use cloth in the hospital too, but Jake's cord stump was really bothered by the cover rubbing on it and we didn't have enough of the other types of diapers to keep him in cloth so we waited 2 weeks til it fell off.
January 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
yeah we definitely dont have enough to do hospital yet...i just am not sure what to add...fitteds?

DH will not even touch a prefold, and he does the diaper changes when he's around (which is all the hospital diaper changes) so im not even planning on taking any prefolds to the hospital...

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
January 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Like the PP said, I might add a half dozen infant prefolds, just to have on hand.

The Lil Joey's were great with the cord stump. I took mine to the hospital, but didn't end up using them until we were leaving, as I didn't do most of the diaper changes. However, I'm so glad I had them until the cord fell off. I had 10, and I washed daily and was able to get by with just those. If it were me, I would add more of those (maybe 6 or 8 total?), but I know a lot of people don't like to invest in them because they use them for such a short time. If you can find them used, though, I'd say it's worth it.

January 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah I have been stalking diaper swappers for used GN lil joeys. I definitely want more - I was actually planning on 12-14? I guess how long I use them isn't really playing a huge factor, because this will not be our last baby and since we don't know the sex, everything is GN.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
January 17th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
There is a lil Joey GN right here on the JM CD board for sale I just took the orange one, but there is another print avaiable.

If it were me I might get rid of the HH's. I never had good luck with those.

January 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe have some kissaluvs (fitteds)on hand? kl0 are pretty popular newborn diapers... that and clovers. I think the BG AIOs are great daddy diapers and I know my DH changed every single diaper the first week since he was home taking care of us and I was recovering. I also agree about having maybe a half dozen prefolds... even if you don't use them as diapers, they make great inserts later on for pockets, and are good if you have a baby who spits up a lot.

January 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think another thirsties cover. The imse vimse fits huge, and may not fit until later on. The NB still fits my 3month old.

and i have a kangaroo lil joey for sale in the fsot

January 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I lent out my Lil Joeys, but they should be back to me really soon! They are all boyish/GN (blue, brown, green, fire trucks), but if you don't mind that they were used by 2 different babies, I'll be looking to sell them as soon as they come back

And while they were worn by 2 babies, my son was only in them for 6 days So not a lot of wear, there.

January 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get several more fitteds, leaning towards Mutts, Goodmamas, Guerilla Fluff and Piddle Poddles. I'd also probably add a few Fuzzibunz in whatever size you think your baby will be in (I think my baby will likely be born big enough or become big enough for the smalls very quickly, so I just got some smalls and skipped over the extra-smalls.) and some more small TKCuddlers pockets or All-In-Ones and maybe a few more BumGenius too. Regular sized Rumparooz also snap down awfully small, so you could share some of those out of Brylie's stash if you have any. I would recommend having thirty diapers in your stash (not including covers) before considering it complete.

I haven't used cloth diapers on a newborn yet, but these are brands I've bought/ have heard good things about.

January 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I agree about having a few PF's on hand just incase!

January 18th, 2011, 04:08 PM
we don't buy much of anything with prints...but any solid color lil joeys, I am totally interested in

i like happy heinys with brylie as long as we're not out and about...ive read awesome things about the minis, so i hope they work out well. i bought them all new!

i was looking at the kl0's...so i think ill get a few of those for sure.

as far as fuzzi bunz..brylie still fits the small...it's getting a little tight now, but i can use it easily if i need to...we have about 6 small FB and about 10 OS FB

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search