Time for new...

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
I need to go up a size in my prefolds, right? She is 12.8lbs and these said they should go up to 15. The next size is 15-30lbs. I guess it's close enough. I hope they still fit in the size 1 Thirsties! Somehow I doubt it!

Should I get 4x6x4 or 4x8x4? I have the newborn (up to 15lbs) 4x8x4 now and the entire prefold gets soaked!

[url=http://lilypie.com]
January 26th, 2011, 09:18 AM
MOI's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get a little more wear out of my getting too small prefolds by doing the bikini twist instead. Seems to give me more to grab with the snappi. You still can use these smaller ones just trifolded in your cover - just not the best at keeping poop in. I would stick with 4-8-4 for absorbancy as she gets bigger.

FWIW - I don't find that the weights really mean much - all kids are built different (even day to day sometimes it seems). My 18 lbs 8 monther is a squeeze somedays in our up to 30 lbs prefolds and other days they go on great. I would get her bigger toddler ones but they are way too long and I have plenty of other kinds of diapers.

January 26th, 2011, 10:05 AM
thanks! Yes, it just occurred to me to trifold the prefold and lay it in the cover. I felt so dumb I just put this on her, so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to try out a few different types of prefolds for the next size before I stock up, so we'll see how they fit. I'll also look up the bikini fold. Thanks!

January 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you could go with the bigger size. I only have one size of prefold, when DS was smaller, I just folded the back down so it would fit in the cover. Snappi it on at the right place, and fold the excess over. Fits great and you get more absorbency.

January 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
qberry's Avatar Quinn - Mommy to 3
Bikini fold has really extended the life of our small sized prefolds. My DD is only 11 lbs but she's really long in the rise so the don't stretch out the way I need. I'm getting ready to try some mediums but I think it'll be way too much bulk for her!
January 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you've already gotten good advice, but I have to say your baby is beautiful!
January 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
I think you've already gotten good advice, but I have to say your baby is beautiful!
awww thanks!
I just took a bunch of pics yesterday of her in her tutu It doesn't show her matching pocket dipe though.

January 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I got more use out of my NB/infant size by using the bikini twist - I love it, I'd use it more now if she'd stay still for more than 2 seconds

January 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I'm a bit of a prefold snob , but I would NEVER put a premium on that tiny baby. It will eat her and look ridiculously bulky in her covers. What you need is a GMD red edge prefold. My daughter is about 22 lbs and is just now getting snug in the reds. It's 4x8x4, but because they are shorter than premiums you don't end up with a ton of extra bulk to fold down - which is why some people go with the 4x6x4.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search