How many Bum Genius 2.0 should I buy?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a problem doing laundry daily, we're prettty much doing a load a day anyway, I'd rather do a load than have to do 10 loads one day! How many bum genius 2.0 diapers should I buy. I'm planning on using them on my newborn, and then hopefully until she gets to be potty trained. If we have to buy pull up diapers at some point and time thats fine too. How many would you recommend?!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

October 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I have not had a newborn in cloth so I am not going to be much help, but I do know that when my DD was a newborn she went through 10 diapers a day. Once she was a month old it was around 8 diapers a day.

October 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm wondering if I buy the 12 pack of www.cottonbabies.com if that will be enough diapers or if I should go ahead and buy 2 12 packs or a 12 pack and a 6 pack! I've never done this before!

How awesome will it be to buy all the daipers your gonna need (hopefully) before you kiddo is born! Whoo hoo!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

October 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
12 will not be enough, nb's poop every time they eat!!
October 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
12 is cutting it close. If you do 18, that will be better, but you will be doing a load everyday. We use BG's only right now, and I have 21. She goes through probably 6-7 diapers a day and I wash every other day, when I see my stash dwindling down. I'm going to get probably a 6-pack before the next baby is born, so I have enough to keep washing every other day.

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
October 11th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Veteran
I agree that if you're going to wash everyday 18 should be good. You can always get a dozen prefolds and a couple of covers as well so you have some options. Most people on here have said they prefer them for a NB. I just got some BG for my 2 YO and can see how they could be kinda bulky on a NB. I'm planning on getting some prefolds for the first couple of months witht he new baby and then probably switching over to BG's when they quit pooping every time you turn around! Prefolds are really cheap, so I think this will work for me.

October 14th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Veteran
I had about 20 diapers when Eloise was born (they weren't all BG, we had a combo of prefolds and pocket dipes but I don't know if that really matters because most diapers were changed because they were poopy, not just wet). We were washing almost every day for the first few weeks, I'd say we had maybe a day and a half's supply of diapers. Later, having 20 diapers was fine and we could easily go 2 full days before washing.
October 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I only have 1 BG2.0 right now. I wanted to see if I liked it before I bought a bunch for the new baby. Glad I did. I'm sure it is going to be way too big for a newborn. Mine stayed in newborn diapers for months. I used about 15 a day for the first few weeks then it slowed down to about 12.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search