Bought my first fitted

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I have been trying to come up with a good night time diapering system, so far i have tried the fb's with 2 or 3 inserts and still soaking through so i bought a few mighty night inserts from ds and i tried them and it worked well but he still getting wet at the wasit so i ordered a thirsties fab fitted, I know one lady got some from the swap and i was curious to how well they worked for a night diap with a very heavy wetter..im looking to get some fleece longies to use as a cover and a few ladies on ds said that fitted may not hold up well for night time..
so whats your opinons? tia

**Thanks .Meagan. for my great siggy**
X1
October 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
gosh! i'm not sure. the ONLY thing that has worked for us is a long prefold and a receiving balnket wraped around the prefold and covered with a pro wrap cover. kaylynn is also a SUPER soaker......i've tried all kinds of things(a while back) and this is the ONLY thing that hasn't leaked. its really bulky, but she sleeps for 14 hrs at night so....

Survivor Mom - My Blog

October 28th, 2007, 09:12 PM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love our TFF,but it would not work for nights. Its super soft and trim, but definately a daytime diaper. We use Dream-Eze at night under wool. That NEVER leaks for us, while other things are hit and miss
October 29th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok so know i have orded a tff and probably wont need it, great oh well.. so im gonna look into a fw other options thanks again ladies

X1
October 29th, 2007, 06:59 AM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
ok so know i have orded a tff and probably wont need it, great oh well.. so im gonna look into a fw other options thanks again ladies[/b]
If you don't open it I'm sure you can return/exchange it
October 29th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
ok so know i have orded a tff and probably wont need it, great oh well.. so im gonna look into a fw other options thanks again ladies[/b]
If you don't open it I'm sure you can return/exchange it
[/b]
yeah im gonna email the company and see if they can just cancel it out before they mail it..

X1
October 29th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some fitteds would work overnight and others won't. Some fitteds are only day time worthy. I have a two that would probably be night time worthy, but I haven't tried them yet. We use a berry plush diaper with a gerber DSQ prefold under the soaker as a doubler. It works great for us.

The fitteds that I have that may work over night are Good Mamas and Peewells. Good Mamas are made out of bamboo velour and hemp/cotton. They are super absorbent. Peewells can be made out of different fabrics, but some of them are straight hemp and work great. Others have no hemp in them at all, but the majority have at least some hemp.

picture does not represent current ages

October 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a thirsties fab fitted and I really like it. I of course haven't USED it yet though LOL. I wish I could afford a bunch of them for my entire stash, I like them that much!

</div>
October 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have several TFFs, but I don't use them at night - lesson learned. If you want a GREAT fitting fitted - look in Hyena Cart for FattyCakes. Then see if one of the mamas can do a hemp inner soaker or something like that for you. I don't use hemp, but have heard it's great at night time. With that said, I do use fattycakes at night with a thirsties cover, and they're wonderful. A Perfect Medium, a member of the Diva Designs congo, is one of my favorites. Her fitteds have this cool design that makes drying faster. I think she only sells medium & medium long though. http://hyenacart.com/DivaDesigns/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search