CDs in hospital?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
did you or will you be CDing right form birth in the hospital? did you even ask if they allow it?

i am not asking, im just bringing them and doing it until (or IF) someone even says anything to me. dh can't stay overnight with me so he will be able to take my days worth home everyday im there (hopefully only 2 days cause i will have a successful VBAC)....and i figured if they have a "weighing diaper" issue then i will tell them they can weigh my prefolds before and then it won't be a problem. and as far as sanitary or not, i will just let them know up front that leaving the diaper in the trash is no more sanitary than putting them in a sealed wetbag. o im fiesty
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
November 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
unless she ends up in the nursery or (heaven forbid) the NICU, You'll be the one changing her, so screw them! lol

that said, I don't have any experience CDing in the hospital or having them want to weigh diapers or anything...
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
November 10th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I gave birth, they just asked for me to keep track of when I changed diapers and what was in it. They had us use cloth wipes, so I don't think they would have had too much of a problem if we used cloth diapers.
November 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will not be cloth diapering until we get home.. I normally (last time ) i was in the hospital for a week after my c-section, and again this time i am a repeat c-section. So i assume i will be there just as long this time.. And DH doesn't know how to do diaper laundry, and i don't even went him to try.. So we'll start when we get home...

November 11th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the hospital right now - NOT having the baby, I'm here overnight for observation and tests, cause I'm sick.

Anyways, I'm on the L&D floor but in a PP room as the labor bed was KILLING me. And I asked the nurse about CDing her in the hospital and she said tht was fine as long as I didn't mind taking them home to wash them myself, LOL!

But I dont think I will do it. Meconium stains right?

</div>
November 11th, 2007, 09:38 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
Quote:
Meconium stains right?[/b]
not from what i heard...maybe osmeone else can clarify. but i swore it didn't.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
November 12th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
use fleece liners or disposable paper-type liners for the meconium and you shouldn't have a problem with stains. I didn't have any staining problems, but I was using all pockets that are lined with fleece or suedecloth. I did have one or two that temporarily stained, but it came out after a second wash.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
November 12th, 2007, 06:00 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't start CD until my LO was 8 months old, so I have no idea. I don't think I would when we have our next baby though. I'll just wait til we get home or is into small diapers.

November 12th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Veteran
I plan to use my one pack of sposies until the meconium is gone. I'm having a home birth, so the hospital isn't a problem, but I really wasn't looking forward to cleaning the meconium off. That stuff is like tar! My midwife said she did the same thing, that she had some staining issues, so went to the sposies just for that first week.

November 12th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used sposies until the cord fell off.. and I think I'll do that again if we have another.
November 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Hubby won't do diaper laundry and truth be told I don't want him to - he'd just throw it in there and not take the time to do it right - so I'll just wait until we are home to cloth diaper with the next baby. The prospect of coming home from the hospital with a new baby, a toddler, and a pile of cloth diapers to wash just doesn't sound very appealing to me!

November 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm having a home birth so that part won't be a problem. but i do plan on cding from the very beginning. i'm using prefolds so if worse comes to worse, and the meconium doesn't come out.....i'll just throw those few prefolds away....not much harm done. but i'm sure i'll be able to get it out.

Survivor Mom - My Blog

November 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't plan to do it in the hospital, DH won't launder them for me and I don't want to come home with a bagful that needs washing. Also, I don't want to risk any getting lost or left behind. There's already enough stuff to bring home from the hospital and sort through, put away, toss, etc.

I don't plan to do it in the hospital, DH won't launder them for me and I don't want to come home with a bagful that needs washing. Also, I don't want to risk any getting lost or left behind. There's already enough stuff to bring home from the hospital and sort through, put away, toss, etc.
November 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Super Mommy
we'll do it once she's home not in the hospital. i may bring a couple but i dunno if i'll use them
<div align="CENTER"></div>
<div align="CENTER"></div>
November 13th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I just asked this question over on DS and DT. DH hasn't stayed the night with any of my hospital stays, but I don't know how it will work with this vaginal delivery, and being 2 hours from home. We are talking about getting a hotel nearby. That being said, I was thinking about just taking a few with me to put baby into for the drive home. But, since I'm doing pre-folds, and don't really know how to do all the different folds, I'm afraid of the leaks.

But, chances are I will just use sposies until we get home.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search