How did we get so UNlucky?!?!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Joel has been red in his diaper area for a few WEEKS. I seriously thought it was chaffing and was using aquaphor. It was looking ok. DH does A LOT on the weekend and gives Joel a bath and changes most of his diapers but wasn't using the aquaphor. I had no idea how RED Joel was!!! The aquaphor must have been helping it. Last night, I saw him after bath and he looked burned all over his diaper area. I finally figured out it was a yeast rash and what to do about it. This morning, DH also tells me he has some dry skin on his back. Well, that put me over and I called the Dr to make sure I was right and the dry skin was not related to the rash.... Turns out, it is a yeast rash and he has RING WORM ALL OVER his back!!!!! I had no idea! DH gets ring worm pretty often, I don't as well as DD. BUT, DD did have a rash when she was about 18 months that is often mistaken for ring worm. I am wondering if he has that... anyway, he is in a sposie and she said to use Lotramine AF on his rash and ring worm. When will we be able to CD again? Is lotramine bad for CD? Any words of wisdom?
JennO

November 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Yikes, I have no experience with that, but hope it clears up soon!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

November 19th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had ringworm on top of pupps when I was pg, and i tried all sort of ointments and creams, prescription or not, and finally what cleared it up for me.. Head and shoulders shampoo!! My dr. suggested that as a last ditch effort and it worked, can you try to use that to wash your ds it might help and maybe better for cding...

Thank you Kara!
November 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
what i know about ringworm from when i used to date a wrestler is that it is contagious...im not positive if that is entirely true, but i think it is more that it's where the fungus lives and then gets into contact with skin and the skin picks it up...ie wrestling mats, bathtubs, sinks, etc.

whenever i gave ricky a bath in our old sink, he got ringworm! it happened 2 times and form then on of cours eididn't do it in the sink anymore...i treated the sink with bleach and stuff and never had a problem with anything else, but he never got it again from having his baths strictly in the tub.

you are going to have to strip your dipes and i would with a little bit of bleach to kill all the fungus bacteria so it doesn't infect again. and i wouldn't use the CDs until it is all gone and you are done witth the medicine.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search