I got my BG One Size SECONDS.....

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
from the cotton babies Black Friday sale. I got 4 of them (I cheated) and they look totally fine! I cant see why they are seconds, but they didn't come with a liner. So, that sucks.

Can I use a prefold to stuff them with? I now have all my newbor stash of prefolds and thirsties covers, a few other things....and 10 BG one size diaps! This kid is SET diapers!

</div>
November 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! What colors did you get? And yes, you can stuff them with prefolds

November 28th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I got one white, one butter and two twilight. It was cool to be surprised! I asked for boy colors.

So all in all I think I've got 3 white, 4 twilight, 2 butter, and 2 grasshopper. Wait. Yup, just counted, and that makes 11 BG 2.0s!!!! Yea!

</div>
November 28th, 2007, 04:06 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Yeah, it said in small print that they would not include an insert. I just got mine today as well and on the one I have no idea what makes it a second by the other has a small mark on the suedecloth interior. It doesn't affect functionality so no worries.

As far as stuffing with a prefold, you definitely can. I tried this with Lily and it worked for during the day, but not overnight. Because the prefold is the same length as the diaper, it wicked urine when we used it overnight. Just my $0.02!

November 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
What does that mean, wicked urine?

Oh and while we're at it, why are there snaps on the inserts anyways? Are they supposed to sap on something or are they just for size? And if they are for size, should I put the snapped down part in first, so it will be extra absorbent for boys? Or do boys get wetter in the back? I have no idea about boys, I cant believe I'm having one!

</div>
November 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Quote:
What does that mean, wicked urine?

Oh and while we're at it, why are there snaps on the inserts anyways? Are they supposed to sap on something or are they just for size? And if they are for size, should I put the snapped down part in first, so it will be extra absorbent for boys? Or do boys get wetter in the back? I have no idea about boys, I cant believe I'm having one![/b]
Because the prefold runs to the end of the diaper, it pulls urine all the way to the top and then leaks out onto the clothing. Same thing will happen if you use an unsnapped insert and your DS is a heavy wetter.

I snap the insert on the first snap and place it in the front, making sure there is space between the insert and the top of the diaper (about the width of my thumb). They say boys wet the front and girls wet the front but Lily is the opposite - all the urine goes to the very front and the back is always bone dry!

Hope that helps!

November 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Kangaroo510
Boy, I wish I knew about this sale!! I am new to cloth diapering but I do have two BG one sizes and I don't care for the inserts at all. It makes them WAY too bulky. I use them at night because then it doesn't matter but during the day I prefer using a prefold. I just use the gerber ones that I had on hand and they work just fine even for lengthy periods. Congrats on your little guy!
November 29th, 2007, 06:36 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
The snaps on the liner match with the snaps on the outside of the OS dipes. The first set of snaps for small, second for medium, and no snaps for large.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

November 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did you pay for them each? B/C they are having a sale for them $14.95 each. Not sure if that's a good deal or not and they come with the insert.

November 29th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have some seconds cotton babies one size inserts that I could send you if you wanted them. They only have one snap on them instead of two like the new ones and they have square corners instead of the rounded ones like the firsts do. They still work great. I bought a bunch when they had them for sale and I have more than I'll ever use, so I can gladly pass four on to you so those seconds you bought will have inserts. Just pm me with your address if you are interested.

picture does not represent current ages

November 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Quote:
What did you pay for them each? B/C they are having a sale for them $14.95 each. Not sure if that's a good deal or not and they come with the insert.[/b]
The sale was $10/diaper and they were also selling inserts for $1.00 so all told it would be $11.00. Since Lisa didn't buy the inserts as well, she just paid the $10.00. The sale was for last Friday only.

November 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
What did you pay for them each? B/C they are having a sale for them $14.95 each. Not sure if that's a good deal or not and they come with the insert.[/b]
The sale was $10/diaper and they were also selling inserts for $1.00 so all told it would be $11.00. Since Lisa didn't buy the inserts as well, she just paid the $10.00. The sale was for last Friday only.
[/b]
Man that stinks. Wish I'd known.

November 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The sale was $10/diaper and they were also selling inserts for $1.00 so all told it would be $11.00. Since Lisa didn't buy the inserts as well, she just paid the $10.00. The sale was for last Friday only.[/b]
Man that stinks. Wish I'd known.[/b]
They have a newsletter (www.cottonbabies.com) so definitely sign up for that. You'll get all the news about sales and seconds that way. Also, Valerie posted about the sale right before it went live which is how I found out about it originally. I know she's done that in the past as well so this is also a great place to find out about sales and such.

November 30th, 2007, 02:32 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
$14.95 is a great price for 1st runs, IMO ($3 off/diaper). The new styles are going to be on sale Dec. 10th, so the remaining 2.0s are being clearanced out through all retailers that stock them
December 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
I am sure the new style will be great, but these are so great too, that I could't pass them up. I wonder if the 3.0 will have new colors/prints? Maybe they will fasten differantly? Not really sure how much they can improve upone these! Oh, I think I read that the inside layer will be made of something else, fleece maybe?

</div>
December 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do the 2.0's feel,

Its hard to tell from the pictures but the outside of the diaper looks a bit plasticy, or is it really nice cloth on the outside too?

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

December 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Quote:
How do the 2.0's feel,

Its hard to tell from the pictures but the outside of the diaper looks a bit plasticy, or is it really nice cloth on the outside too?[/b]
It's definitely not plastic-y but more of a soft, smooth fabric. Kind of hard to explain and I can't really think of anything else like it... sorry!

December 2nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
NOT plasticy at all. These diapers are REALLY nice. Like I said, I cannot even think of any improvements to be made!

</div>
December 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so great!

I just want to buya large set of them, I think that would be easier for us than picking up a few here and there.. but I was a little nervous about getting a large quanity if they feel plasticy.. ya know. Reminds me of those track pants.. swish swish swish.. definately not something I would want my babe in .

Are the thirsty covers really nice and soft too.. ugh I wish we had a cloth diapering store in town lmao. Well I guess babies r us sells them but they are those plastic dappi pants and those burp rags.. no thanks!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

December 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That is so great!

I just want to buya large set of them, I think that would be easier for us than picking up a few here and there.. but I was a little nervous about getting a large quanity if they feel plasticy.. ya know. Reminds me of those track pants.. swish swish swish.. definately not something I would want my babe in .

Are the thirsty covers really nice and soft too.. ugh I wish we had a cloth diapering store in town lmao. Well I guess babies r us sells them but they are those plastic dappi pants and those burp rags.. no thanks![/b]
We LOVE our thirsties covers. I'd go on, but I here Ian waking up. But well worth it, IMO. Best fitting covers we've ever used.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search