Unexpectedly told my family & kids today....

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Veteran
It's very early and as we had plan to wait until atleast 8 week u/s to tell our immediate famiy and our children, that quickly changed.
While at cookout today, my uncle was trying relentlessly make me try his new beer, after the third "no thanks" and him asking again I got frustrated and said" I can't drink" he immediately got it, and so did everyone else there. I asked them to keep it to our immediately family.
I had not told my kids yet, again, wanting to wait. Since everyone was talking about it, I felt the need to tell my children before they heard it from someone else. My kids were sooo excited. I explained to them that most of the time babies get bigger and stronger and healthier and get to be born and become part of the family and that sometimes if a baby is not healthy that it will not grow bigger and will not be born and mommy will have to wait until she can have another baby. My 6 yr old dauhgter seemed to understand. In a way I feel relived but I am also very nervous!!! In the end if something happened, these are the people I would turn to for support.
I am going to be a nervous wreck now. My first 2 beta's doubled from 63 to 170.

Last edited by Lauren2611; August 25th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
August 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervous I'm going to get busted the same way next weekend. We are headed to Chicago for a football game and it's going to be really obvious when I'm not drinking.

Sorry you didn't get to tell your family in the time that you wanted to. It's a hard secret to keep.
August 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
Aw, sorry your secret didn't go as planned.
But, so glad everyone was supportive and happy.
August 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was not planning on telling my girls, but my 5 year old figured it out by my reaction somehow. She said, mommy did that stick tell you your pregnant? LOL She of course told Anna.

Try to stay positive, ok?
August 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies!! The kids are all hyped up today, grinning from ear to ear knowing that they're going to be big brother/sister. It's very early still so i'm keeping my fingers crossed/praying that all goes well so I don't have to break their little hearts.
Torre, that is funny about your 5yr old finding the test, they are so smart even at a young age.
Lauren
August 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is too smart for her own good sometimes lol...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search