Log In Sign Up

Sorry I have been M.I.A...ugh...

Forum: 2013 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 04:13 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 680
My Saga

It all started a couple weeks ago, I am sure everyone remembers my post regarding the Baby Shower and then my little excursion to L&D. While that seemed like more than enough adrenaline to last me for a while, it was not to be...

This past week has been a nightmare! I've been to the hospital TWICE and of course that included yet another trip to L&D. (Baby is okay!) The ER experience was a nightmare fitting for Halloween. They kept me there for what seemed like an absurd period of time. I fussed with the doctor who kept trying to get me to agree to an IV, which I never agreed to, since I was not dehydrated. But I digress... The ER didn't want to deal with me because I was over 15 weeks (OBVIOUSLY since I am 30!) and they kept trying to pawn me off on L&D even though I was there for a medical issue and nothing baby related. I kept having these horrible episodes of dizziness, I have almost feel multiple times and have fallen (on our bed, thank God) a few times just trying to get myself up to go to the restroom. As we all know, that's something we all get the joy of doing since the babies think our bladders double as trampolines. Alas, they couldn't figure out what was actually causing me to be so dizzy, but they diagnosed me with Vertigo and a UTI. Sent me home with antibiotics and Antivert. Oh happy day! *sighs* So, I have been on the medication now for a week and so sick I haven't been able to do much but sleep (thanks to the wonderful pregnancy and antibiotic's sedative side effect).

If that weren't enough, my heart has been giving me more fits...hello palpitations! So I have had the wonderful experience of feeling like I am absolutely dying at times because my heart begins to beat so erratic. The doctor I visited earlier today (10/30/12) said that he can deal with me having the palpitations, but it's my heart rate that would kill me. Oh yeah...forgot to mention that's been off the charts too. And because that isn't exciting enough, I have had the Fibromyalgia flare from the depths of Hell itself. I've been in such excruciating pain (on top of everything else), it has made for a real 'fun' experience. *rolls eyes*

You'd think that'd be all...right??? Wrong! So I started getting these horrible sharp pains in my abdomen, coupled with cramps so debilitating I could not walk. Back to the L&D department to try to find out what's going on, I was advised that they didn't feel anything was truly 'wrong', but they wanted me to start timing them because it was a possibility I could be going into early labor. The reasoning was that due to the UTI, some women go into early labor...thankfully that hasn't been the case....YET. This ritual has continued despite the fact that I have been on the antibiotics for a week now, so my husband had to take an entire week off of work (FMLA) to keep me from falling and hurting myself or the baby, make sure I had the things I needed since getting around with the fibro pain has been virtually impossible anyway and to help make sure I had the things I needed because my heart has decided to do it's own crazy things lately.

[Side Rant]
On top of everything, while my hubby was home taking care of me...his sergeant calls him. Tells him that a woman (his ex-wife) called (using his last name to be patched through to him) claiming it was a family emergency. I asked my husband what he was going to do, he said he didn't know. He finally decided to call the stupid woman back and tell her to never call the department again, that was a police line and she had NO business calling there trying to talk to him. He also told her that she had no reason to be using his last name since (one of the conditions of the divorce) she no longer carries that name but her maiden name. Her response? She lied and said that she still has it on her license, which is not true. Long story short, he told her that there was no need to contact him for anything and if she had a family emergency she needed to call someone else. They have been divorced since 2004...you'd think she'd stop calling him. She's already tried calling the department 2x since we've been married to reach him. He refused her call the first time and this time he called her to tell her never to call again. She doesn't even live in his jurisdiction, if she has an emergency she needs to call her local department ANYWAY. Just one more thing to keep us annoyed...he got off the phone and told me "What else could possibly happen?" Little did he know in just 2 more days we'd have an emergency with our youngest dog.

The day started out fine, other than the health dramas we're dealing with, and the little dog was fine. He was acting normal. We just gave him his lovin' and he laid there with his belly up soaking it all in. As the night progressed (well after Vet's had closed), I got up to use the ladies room and he followed me, as he always does..he's our little ninja dog, he gets in the bathroom and looks up at me and starts crying. So I looked at him and noticed his entire right side of his mouth and underneath were swollen. When I tried to look closer, he cried and backed up and twisted his head. I could see he was in so much pain. Of course I freaked out, started crying and all that fun stuff. We called all over trying to find an after-hours vet for him and ended up at a Veterinary Hospital at about 3:30 AM. They determined it was a loose tooth and he probably has an abscess under the gum line. So they gave him a shot (which hurt the little guy, but it helped his pain substantially) and antibiotics and more pain medication to take home. He has been on it for a couple of days and is on a soft food diet until he can get the tooth pulled. We have to make an appointment with a regular vet who handles dental issues now and they're not easy to find around here. So for now...he's at least got his medication to heal him up and keep him comfy until we can find someone to take care of the tooth so he won't have this happen again....*takes breath*

I'll try to catch up on all the posts, but it's been a while and I am so sorry for being absent for long with no updates. As you can tell (if you're still reading this novel of War & Peace, I thank you), it has been a very stressful and nerve wracking experience.

One GOOD thing...We got the pack n play we needed, the crib and a few other things. Since everyone at our baby shower apparently figured all a newborn needs is clothes and blankets lol

So all the major items have been purchased, just have to get the small things and we're done. Thank GOD!!!! Okay...I'll shut up now.

Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2012, 06:31 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,024
WOW! That's a lot to deal with. I sure hope you start felling better soon and can try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Glad you stopped in to update us. Sorry not much is going your way these days.

Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2012, 09:17 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north county san diego, ca
Posts: 13,284
Wow, you really have been going through a lot lately. I hope you are feeling better soon, and that the medications help your UTI and your vertigo.

Get that doggie tooth pulled! My dogs have a tendency to get abcessed teeth (common in their breed), and the first time it happened to one of them, he was 1 year old (he is now almost 16). His entire face was swollen, and I freaked out, just like you. Now, I know how to recognize it before it gets even barely painful for the dogs, and despite how regularly I clean their teeth, it still happens. Matter of fact, noticed one last night on my smallest. He'll be getting antibiotics, then likely the tooth pulled.

Poor little one!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!


Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,059
Wowzers....you had a crazy few days there. I hope everything starts turning around for you and you feel better! Poor little puppy, I hope he gets better fast too

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,060
Wow, geez that is a lot to deal with. Sorry about the crazy Ex.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
Reply With Quote
November 1st, 2012, 12:14 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 680
Thank you and a to everyone!! It's been an arduous journey. I'm hoping things calm down between now and the baby's arrival.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0