Baby names

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Veteran
Have you thought of any names yet? What are your top name picks so far?

Mine are -

Boy:

Mason Alexander
Mason Henry
Mason Carter
Carter Alexander
Gavin Michael
Henry Michael

Girl:
Charlotte Caroline
Caroline Elise

I don't have many on the girl list because I just really don't feel like I am having a girl.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
November 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE your names!!!!

Girls:
Hannah Grace
Hannah Faith
Emmalee (or Emily) Grace
Madison Grace

Boys:
Issac Anthony
Isaiah Anthony
Lucas Anthony

November 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Super Mommy
I'm French-Canadian with a Swedish last name, and my husband is Cuban. It's going to be very tricky indeed. I think whatever we decided to do, our child's name is going to sound like a UN convention.

we can't seem to agree on anything, not even the most basic things like whether we want to do the traditional Latin American way of giving both our last names (paternal first, maternal second). My husband also dislikes the concept of having a middle name. He thinks that with two last names, it's just too long.

For GIRLS:
First names: Coralie, Sabrina, Ariana (I personally liked Ariadna but no English-speaking person seems to be able to pronounce it)
Middle names: Louise OR Luisa, Anne OR Ana

For BOYS:
Caleb (although I dislike the French and Spanish pronunciation of it which is cal-LEB instead of CAY-leb)
Adam
Carlos or Marcos (my husband doesn't care for those much but no veto yet!)
Middle names: william or Daniel
November 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
MissesDavis's Avatar Army Girl
So far we only have a girl name but we are pretty dead set on this name. We first came up with it months ago. We decided if we have a girl we are gonna name it Remington Lynn..

as for boys names....we really haven't thought much of.

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. "
November 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our boy name is already set in stone. It is our runner-up from when my son was born.

We had no clue about a girls' name but talked over a few over the weekend and actually came across two that we really like. I am guessing we'll go with one of them if we end up having a girl.
November 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
We have them picked but I'm sure hormones will play a factor later. Our names right now are Autumn Loraine and Lincoln Todd (middle names are family names)

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

November 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure yet. We are waiting until we hear a heartbeat to really narrow it down.
These are on my list so fat. Middle name for a boy will be Leo, Blaine, Chester or Oscar
Boy:
Henry
Theodore
Jonah
Josiah
Declan
August
Caius
Cathan
Cian
Corbin
Ethan
Evan
Ezra
Frederick
Jasper
Jonathan
Jude
Kane
Malachi
Parker
Samuel
Simon
Xavier

Girls: Not sure on middle names yet
Cady
Cara
Claire
Hermione
Holly
Jessica
Josephine
Julia
Juliet
Kiana
Kiera
Lucy
Lydia
Madeline
Matilda
Mia
Odele
Rachel
Sophia
Zoe

We really need to narrow it down! LOL

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 7th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
A boy will be Parker William. A girl we haven't decided 100% but right now we like Paisley (not sure about middle name).

Our daughter is Peyton and we will be sticking with P names!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 7th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Foster Clay
Charles 'Chuck' Clay

Meredith Anika
Miranda Anika
Fiona Anika

November 7th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Veteran
have had boy named picked out forever
John wayne it honors both our familys as the names have been passed down for 4 generations

girl still thinking
November 7th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have been set on names for a while

our girl would be Remington Grace
our boy Case Edward

maybe we will get to use both! ha
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

November 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Regular
Trevor Michael for a boy (mine and DH's dad's first names) and Penelope Joy for a girl.
November 7th, 2012, 12:37 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've randomly talked about names over the last year. I don't think we will be able to decide anything until much closer to the DD.
I love Mason and Jackson for boys names but I have a nephew Mason and Jackson is too popular now for my taste. I think DH likes Ian, but I am torn on it.
We both kind of like Allison for a girls name.
There are several more on the list that I can't remember right now.

Oct '11 June '12
November 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Jessifer - My number 1 pick for girls names is Sabrina. I'm so shocked to see you list that name as well, since it's definitely not common these days. I think it's a beautiful name! But my hubby isn't fond of it yet. I've been trying to keep it hush hush because I don't want it to be stolen by someone I know. I just don't want to follow the more trendy names that are popping up. My name is Michelle. It's common, but I was/am usually the only Michelle in most situations. I like it that way.

For a boy - we are 100% going with James. My husband's father is named James and he is no longer with us, so it feels right.

It's so nice to know I only have to play the name game if it's a girl. However, my son will not be Jim, Jimmy, or Jimbo! yuck!!!!!! I may not be able to stop his friends from using nicknames, but as his mother, I can refuse to call him anything but James!
November 7th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
There is a good chance these will change but if I had to name the baby today. . .

Boy- Dimitri Garrett
Girl- Aria Nicolette

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
November 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessalove View Post
Jessifer - My number 1 pick for girls names is Sabrina. I'm so shocked to see you list that name as well, since it's definitely not common these days. I think it's a beautiful name! But my hubby isn't fond of it yet. I've been trying to keep it hush hush because I don't want it to be stolen by someone I know. I just don't want to follow the more trendy names that are popping up. My name is Michelle. It's common, but I was/am usually the only Michelle in most situations. I like it that way.

For a boy - we are 100% going with James. My husband's father is named James and he is no longer with us, so it feels right.

It's so nice to know I only have to play the name game if it's a girl. However, my son will not be Jim, Jimmy, or Jimbo! yuck!!!!!! I may not be able to stop his friends from using nicknames, but as his mother, I can refuse to call him anything but James!
I know a lot of people who would probably say "Sabrina the Teenage witch" but I don't care - I really like it and so does my husband. However, we are leaning more towards Coralie. Coralie is a rather popular name in the French-speaking part of Canada but we live in Toronto so it will be fairly unique in our area. we tested it with my in-laws in Cuba and they could pronounce it correctly, and they absolutely love it.

As far as picking the name James, if it makes you feel any better, I have a cousin named James and no one ever calls him Jim, Jimmy, or Jimbo, probably because neither of his parents ever did. I think as long as you make it a point to only call him James, others will do the same.
chessalove likes this.
November 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
Boy:

Charles (Charlie) Martin

Girl:

Vivian Rose

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search