Log In Sign Up

Induction or not?

Forum: 2013 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay
  • 1 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By bellabri287

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
I'm just curious what your doctors/midwives do. For those of you not getting a planned C-Section, if you go past your due date will you be induced or are you going to wait it out until the baby comes on his/her own? Obviously this excludes reasons that are out of your control, but if you had your choice in the matter, what would you prefer?
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #3 Due November 2016
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southwest
Posts: 4,651
I do *not* want to be induced.. especially not for bull crap reasons doctors come up with so it works with their schedule.
I want baby to come when they are ready and ripe.
.:fearless:. likes this.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
I'm in the same boat, but I'm hoping that doesn't mean baby will be 2 or 3 weeks late. I will be GINORMOUS and very uncomfortable by then.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 5,618
I would definitely not allow an induction just because I went past the estimated due date. There would have to be a very strong medical argument for me to consider it, not comfort levels or convenient scheduling.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 9,652
I would refuse one until after 42 weeks unless something was wrong with the baby or me.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In a house, with a mouse
Posts: 886
I do not want to be induced unless it is absolutely necessary.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,954
We will see what happens at the time.

From what I gather it is not done anywhere near as much in Australia than it is abroad, so I am not overly worried about it being done 'just because'.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 7,949
I would be offered an induction after 41 weeks.. But I would wait until 42.: if not more if I felt ok with waiting and things were looking fine
~Em, Married to Matt since 7/3/04. Mommy to Layla 3/29/06, Eva 10/18/08, Zeke 2/4/11, and Jonah 7/28/13

Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 02:48 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,040
With my dd I was induced at 41w 5d. They estimated her to be over 9.5lbs (so wrong!) And I wasn't dilating or doing anything. Even though it ended in c section (for other reasons) I'm not upset I was induced. If I were going for a vbac I'd probably want to wait until 41 weeks at least. For my c section, I'm going as close to 40 weeks as my Dr will let me.

Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 04:26 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roberts, Wisconsin
Posts: 14,802
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
No way would I ever be induced! Inductions if your body isn't ready to have baby anyways can lead to SO many problems! I am having my second VBAC and with VBACs they generally will NOT induce anyways but my OB is OK with me going past the ESTIMATED DUE DATE and if I go past 42 weeks, he just wants me to come in for NSTs twice a week until baby decides to come.

Like my OB says... The EDD is an ESTIMATE and in other countries it's not really adhered to... He likes to say that we have a "birth month" not a due date.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 635
I would wait 42 weeks before I even considered it. I've luckily enough had all my babies 1-2 days before their edd but my doctor won't even talk about induction(for non emergency medical reasons) until you are 41 weeks and then just schedules NST to check on baby to see what to do.
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 15,207
Obviously I would like to go into labor naturally. With DS, I had PIH and was induced at 39w1d. My body was not ready at all, but I had an amazing induction, labor, and delivery. It's not all bad if medically necessary. I really hope to not have BP issues this time, but if I do I know I can have an amazing birth experience even with an induction. If I get to 41w, I will schedule an induction. My dates are accurate since I tracked O and had many early u/s due to my history. I will want this baby out come July!
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 06:51 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 722
i would never want to be induce for no serious reason ... I dont even want pitocin give to me ... honestly i want to able to labor as long as possible at home before even going in
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
Imani mom of 4

Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
We won't talk induction until 42 weeks if everything is looking fine with me and baby. I scheduled induction at 41w1d with DD because I was so ready and thankfully I went into labor about 18 hours before scheduled induction on my own. This time around I won't rush baby because I know my body can do it by itself.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2013, 02:33 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 12,480
I haven't discussed it, but I don't want to even consider it until past 41-42 weeks.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2013, 09:03 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 758
I will be induced at 39 weeks if I don't go on my own before then due to a couple of reasons: I had a blood clot in my leg with baby #2 and I have to wear compression on that leg and it is hard to walk on it already and I am only 24 weeks. I also have a history of gestational diabetes and larger babies, and I live about an hour away from the hospital. I have been induced three times and the other baby I went into labor on my own early in the emorning on the day we were going to be induced anyways.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 11,295
Well, considering I am having a home birth, lol I highly doubt there will be any inductions.
I was stupidly induced before with my 2nd and I would give anything to take back that miserable memory. If your body isn't ready and you are induced it can easily lead to distress and a CS. Some are OK with that, I am not. I think if say at 38 weeks, my BP was sky rocketing, I had protein spilling etc and baby HAD to come...but I was a 0 and so on....I wouldn't probably even do an induction, I would go straight for a CS. Good thing labor plans are just that, plans, and can and WILL change
My last MW wouldn't even strip membranes till 42 weeks, lol.
Ethan Michael 6*13*2000, Toryn Elizabeth 6*18*04, Julian Alexander 2*8*08, Jaxson Lea 5*4*12
Married to my best friend since 3*26*12
Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2013, 10:15 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,030
I dont think my situation will be the same but my life was in danger and I'm glad I had care that included an induction. Everyone was healthy so that is my goal.
That being said my dh takes the CA bar exam July 24- July 27th. I would love for the baby to wait till that was over like on the 28th. im due the 18th so it could be possible. I would love if this baby was 10 days late!

Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2013, 10:24 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,442
My dr. wants to talk induction if you go 10 days past your due date. T came at 39 weeks though so that wasnt an issue.
Reply With Quote
April 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Twin Mama
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,231
I will be induced just before 38 weeks, DR will not let me go any further due to risks with this being twins. That being said if baby A is larger & head down he will let me delivery vaginally, so glad he is not auto c-sec me just because it's twins.
MeggysMommy likes this.
Brianna(26) & Anthony(27)Star(woof) & Harley(meow)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0