Extended breastfeeding

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By yvee80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone plan to breastfeed past a year?

I breastfed my youngest until 22 months. I plan to breastfeed this one until at least 2. I also plan on pumping once a day and giving a cup to my oh gets, e will be 5 in August. Wen he was breastfed he never got sick. When I stopped he started getting sick all the time. Not sure if he will drink it but I'm going to try in hopes that it'll boost his immune system and he will stop getting sick so often.

April 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always try to plan for at least a year I made it to 13 1/2 months with my daughter before we were done. I'd like to aim for at least a year

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 10th, 2013, 11:43 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just finished nursing my now 18 month old, he stopped before turning 18 months. I usually let them self wean.

April 10th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what we'll do yet. I wouldn't mind nursing to at least 18 months. Guess time will tell!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
I always nurse as long as my kids want to. For my first she was almost 3. My second and third were both over 3. Absolutely nurse for at least 2 years for this

My first was 2 not 3. Typo.
April 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now I'm just taking baby steps lol first goal is 6 months, next is 12 months... and we'll take it from there
yvee80, kjm, mrskfet and 1 others like this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We usually follow baby led weaning. I'm not sure my husband is on board for breastfeeding again this time, but I think he's coming around
April 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've gone longer with each kid, 13 months, 15 months, and 2 years. Hoping for 2 years again this time at least!
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
April 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I nursed both boys until they were 15 months, and plan to nurse at least that long this time. I'm happy to do it until baby is 2, but usually let the baby decide. :-)

April 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I plan to nurse as long as I can, with babyled weaning. I'm going to be taking my goals step by step though, since I'm a FTM and it is scary.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DS is still nursing and he will be nursing as long as the baby is unless he self weans. Not sure how long I want to breastfeed this baby, maybe 18 months. At some point I want my body back to myself By the time I start breastfeeding this baby I will already have been breastfeeding for 17 months.

April 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Super Mommy
We'll have to see how it goes since this is my first, but I'd love to still be breastfeeding when we move home. That should be a little over a year. I think it would help the baby with the big transition (very long flight, staying in hotels for a couple of months, new stuff, etc.) and also be much more convenient for me. Then see how things are going after that.
April 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im making small goals 6 months 9 months 12 months ect. But I would really like to until at least 2.
April 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Wildflower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is still nursing now (not because I want him to at this point, I pretty much hate nursing at this point but I dont want to force wean him) at 22 months. I will nurse Alice for at least as long. I didnt dislike nursing until pregnancy.

April 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be nursing till she weans at whatever age that may be. I've never weaned a baby both of mine self weaned.

April 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I tandem nursed my three boys together. Alex weaned first at 18-19 months, then Ray was weaned mostly because my dh was uncomfortable about it. I think hindsight he wouldn't have been, he didn't realize Ray wasn't a typically developing 3 1/2 year old. Toe weaned last, at almost 2. Korbyn will nurse as long as we are both willing and able. I like to baby led wean but if circumstances won't allow it then so be it.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was only able to nurse my first for 2 weeks because I ended up having surgery and was told I needed to many medications ect to continue. I was only 16 and listened. However if I could do it over I would know that I could pump and dump until I was off meds. My second I had a goal to reach 1 year. He nursed until 2 months after he was 2. This time my goal will be the same 1....but it could be longer.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

April 10th, 2013, 08:32 PM
SmileyMom
This will be my first time trying to breast feed but im not sure i am comfortable nursing my child with teeth or when they start pulling out the boob on their own..at that point I may just pump some milk and give them a bottle just so they can still get breast milk.
mrskfet likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 09:16 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan on nursing again for at least a year and then beyond is fine with me! I breastfed my son for 3 years and I loved our breastfeeding relationship and I am really looking forward to breastfeeding again!

For anyone who thinks they can't succeed at breastfeeding I am an example of someone who was only able to breastfed my daughter for a 1 week and then had many years of breastfeeding with my son! I have learned soo much from friends and reading books and I can only hope that breastfeeding goes as smoothly with our new little guy this summer!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

Happy Easter from my kiddos!
April 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do baby-led weaning, and if all goes well we will be nursing well past a year. I nursed my first until he was two (he weaned one month before his brother was born). Unfortunately, I had some complications with #2, and he self-weaned at 8mos (he had food allergies that we learned about right around the time he gave up nursing. It was like he knew my BM was upsetting his tummy ). I'm really excited about BF'ing again. I love nursing my babies.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search