Log In Sign Up

Nursing in Public

Forum: 2013 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,501
It depends a lot on where I am. I'm a lot more discreet at church than at the park, for example. With Ethan we haven't gone anywhere very often, the most public I've nursed is in the car while my daughter ran in to get the stuff we needed. I don't have any nursing tanks, and in Texas, it's just too hot to wear two shirts. I have been thinking about wearing my belly band to cover my belly when we're in public until it gets smaller though. I generally try to have a light blanket handy just in case I feel the need to cover. Dh is must more modest about it than I am. He will always try to cover me up and I'm all "Stop that! We're too hot!" LOL
HalfDozen likes this.
Reply With Quote
May 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stratford, PEI
Posts: 1,200
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
About 95% of the time I just whip them out and nurse where I am. I'm of the mindset don't like it don't look. The other 5% of the time is split between moving off to the side to nurse, going to a different room, or least common, using a cover. Even with whipping them out and nursing, between being careful in how I dress(usually a shelf tank under a shirt, so still pretty covered) and needing to hold my breast to nurse, I'm more covered than a lot of ladies
Miss B: September 3rd, 2008(stepdaughter)
Amelia Rose Annabelle aka Mia: December 1st, 2011
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013
Elizabeth Flora Ruth: March 6th, 2015
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0