Baby has to stay in NICU...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We picked out a name today: Lilah Brooke

We thought we were going to take her home today, but the pedi came in and told us the placenta and umbilical cord testing came back positive for infection. She's not showing any negative signs, thank goodness, but they still need to keep her to give her antibiotics. They said it usually takes 3-7 days. I'm really hoping for 3, so we can bring her home Monday

I don't really know how to feel right now. I just feel a little numb, I guess.. I didn't expect to go home without her.. But I miss my son, too. At least I have him to snuggle with when we go home tonight. And I'll be back to stay with her all day tomorrow so I can keep breastfeeding her.

December 20th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Aww, that really, really sucks I'm sorry you have to leave her there. I love the name, though

08/30/2015

December 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Oh I am so sorry!

Your hospital won't let you room in?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
December 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm sorry I'm glad they were able to find that out though so that she can get the care she needs.

December 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. It's hard to leave them when you planned to bring them home with you. Hopefully the antibiotics do their thing quickly and little Lilah gets to go home by Monday.

Beautiful name btw.

December 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Love her name! Sorry she has to stay in the hospital, hoping you can take her home on Monday

December 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Cherry))))) I'm so sorry to read this!!!! Enjoy your son in the meantime~I know I am already worried, worried, worried about my 4yog when I go.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm so sorry to hear she has to stay. It's so heartbreaking having to leave them behind. I hope she's able to go home on Monday. Love her name. Hugs!
December 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, I hope you are able to manage the weekend without too much stress. Sounds like she's managing OK and hopefully, doesn't have any signs of infection herself and this is just precautionary. I hope she can go home on Monday! ((HUGS)) Name is beautiful

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 20th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Thank you ladies. Unfortunately, we can't room here. But I can come up and stay with her at any time. They gave me attachments to their hospital pump to use whenever I'm here and a hand pump for home, too. So she can get breastmilk when I'm not here.

I'm going to pump one more time and go see her before we head home. It's getting late and we need to go pick DS up soon.

But my nurse said the night before she is discharged I do get to stay in a room with her overnight. So that will be nice.

December 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
That's good news! I hope that's Sunday night and no later. It's got to be so hard Hang in there! Try, try, try to get some rest tonight and tomorrow night.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Pumping is good. I hope it is just the three days then. I know how hard it is to leave them.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
December 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry i hope she doesnt have too long of a stay only the 3 days.

i dont know if this helps but if you need to ever talk or vent im here for you! my little one is still in hospital..from the nicu to pediatrics currently so i am more then happy to listen if you need someone.

numb is ok. numb is normal... anything you feel is normal..

*hugs*
hugssandi likes this.
December 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry she has to stay, must be so hard . Hopefully she will be home Monday. (((Hugs))))
December 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily26 View Post
I am so sorry i hope she doesnt have too long of a stay only the 3 days.

i dont know if this helps but if you need to ever talk or vent im here for you! my little one is still in hospital..from the nicu to pediatrics currently so i am more then happy to listen if you need someone.

numb is ok. numb is normal... anything you feel is normal..

*hugs*
Thank you. I'm glad it's a normal way to feel.. I'm sorry about your little one, too. Poor thing. I'm only on day one and even that is pretty rough. I can't imagine I hope your baby gets to come home soon, too.

December 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks hun.. Me too. i hope both our babies are home fr christmas

yea, i felt the numb part for quite awhile and from geting to knowsome of the other mamas in there..it seemed that everyone felt numb at first and it was abit of a relief to know that.

any news on her from the drs?!
December 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yep, I did get some news today. Her discharge day won't be until Friday I wasn't expecting the full 7 days, but I knew it was a possibility. She's doing really well, though. That's just how long it will take to finish her antibiotic treatment.

The pedi said that Wednesday and Thursday night he would get me a room, though And she will be able to room in with me. I'm soo glad. I can't wait for that. So we will get to spend Christmas day and night with her <3

Monday and Tuesday will be the hardest, though. Because I won't be able to stay up here all day like I can thru the weekend - cause we have no one to watch our son those days. But it will be okay. He needs some mama time, too.

December 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you, (((((Cherry))))).

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe. Im sorry your gonna be there for Christmas but at least they are accommodating!! that's so great
December 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is awful sweetie. I'm praying for you and your family. And remember, it's Christmas! Anything is possible and miracles do happen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search