Nap update..

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2014, 07:18 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How's the sleep going ladies? Grady has decided he only needs one nap a day. He has been going to bed between 6-6:30 pm, sleeping through until around 4 and then back to sleep until 6:30ish. Have to admit it is a welcome change from the 5:30 wakeup he has been doing for the past 6ish months. However he cut out his morning nap now. His afternoon nap is usually between 1-1.5 hours.

Anyone else down to one nap?

February 28th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Brock's minion
Brock was taking two solid naps about 1hr am and 2-3 hours pm. He's flipped the script on us the last week or so, sleeping 2 hrs am and 1hr pm.

Michelle
February 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
May 2013 Cohost
No, thank God bc she's back to twice a night feedings during the night. She still gives me about an hour or longer in the am and an hour or so in the afternoon. There have been a couple times she missed her morning nap bc we were out and about, and then she will give me a 2 hr afternoon nap...which I do enjoy!
February 28th, 2014, 09:21 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depending on how crappy Kody's night's sleep was, he takes either 2 or 3 naps, usually one hour each. If I'm lucky, hour and a half or two hours.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 28th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah is up twice a night for a bottle - BRUTAL......and she's still napping 3 times a day because she takes such short naps. She sleeps on the way to/from dropping my oldest off at school - so about 30 min in the morning. She then goes down somewhere between 11-12 and that's her "long" nap.....can range between 40 min to 1 1/2 hrs. She sometimes catnaps on the way to pick Lexy up from school - maybe for 10 min, so she then requires yet another nap around 5pm which is usually 40 min, but sometimes we have to wake her up from that one for bath at 6:15pm. She's in bed for the night between 7-8pm depending on when she had her evening nap, and she's up for the day around 6-6:30am.
NOT loving her schedule.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 28th, 2014, 01:29 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Jo has never been a huge napper. She caught a lot on the run when she was little, so I'm sure that contributed. She has been on one nap for a while now...a couple months probably. It's usually around 12:30, although if I have to pick my older son up at preschool, can be as late as 2:30. If its the later one, she usually falls asleep in the car while we are out and about for 20 minutes or so. But 5-6 days of the week she sleeps for 1.5-2 hours at 12:30. She wakes up two or three times a night but sleeps from 8:30 til between 7-8:30 depending on when the boys get up and wake us up.
February 28th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua only has one nap usually about eleven till half one he's down about half 8 and sometimes sleeps thrgh it depends he's usually up about half 7 for the day x

February 28th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Erin, I would love your sleep schedule. Kody's really sucks. Twice a night sounds like heaven to me!

March 1st, 2014, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My other two were up only once a night at this age, around 3am, for a bottle. Lilah is the only one to insist on twice a night! 1am and 5am almost like clockwork.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 1st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Ah. You have been so lucky with sleeping! My kids both sleep/slept like crap at this age. Ethan didn't STTN until 3 years old.

March 1st, 2014, 09:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Im feeling a little depressed lately too...Jo is becoming MORE high maintenance in the sleeping department rather than less. She fights sleep more and more often and has only been sleeping on her own (not co-sleeping) for 1.5-2 hours at the beginning of the night instead of the 3-4-5 I was getting a couple months ago. And during her nap, I have to resettle her at least once for 10 minutes to get that 1.5 hours. It feels like I can't catch a break. My 4.5-year-old still is up 1-2 times a night (to pee) and needs resettling (and has really only STTN in short, infrequent spurts over the past couple years). Kieran was 15 months before he STTN, and now we are seemingly headed into similar territory for Jo. I'm just SO tired. I hate complaining about it, since it was my choice to space my kids like I did, knowing I might not get sleepers. But I thought Jo was my "good sleeper." She started off promising. But not so much now
March 1st, 2014, 10:22 AM
That sucks, Ashlee. I know just how much it sucks...however, I am not on my 3rd poor sleeper! And I never will be, TYVM! Just too much for me personally to handle, so we're not going to take the gamble.
Hang in there!

March 1st, 2014, 02:42 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah. We're nearing a year and there is no end in sight. How will I get her to sleep through?? Does weaning help?
March 1st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been trying hard to make sure Kaeldra gets more naps in because her night sleep is still awful. She'll usually take one long nap, about an hour and a half, and one or two short naps, 15 minutes to half an hour. I really don't even know what to think about her night sleep. She doesn't go down until very late (past midnight), wakes usually 3-4 times a night, and is normally up by around 9 a.m. On a really good night, she'll only wake up twice, and on bad nights she's up 5-6 times. This was her sleep schedule last night: Slept from 12:41 a.m.-2:03, 2:15-2:24, 2:45-4:52, 5:05-5:42, 6:00-7:30, 8:20-8:38 a.m. She's wide awake now because my husband came into the room and woke her up (even though he was being as quiet as he could be). It's 9:15 a.m. now and she has only had 6 hours and 25 minutes of sleep total.

I really, really don't see her sleeping through by a year, either.

March 1st, 2014, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
God I though Joshua was bad sleeping but he's not to bad hope he'd sleeping thrgh by the time the baby's here shufu-in-Shunan how do u cope with her being up so much that would kill me x

March 1st, 2014, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty exhausted a lot of the time, but I luckily don't really have many other responsibilities besides taking care of her. My husband does nearly all the grocery shopping and cooks most dinners, so that is a big help.
rheaimedved likes this.

March 1st, 2014, 06:46 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, what is Kaeldra doing from 9:30 pm until her bedtime? I'm wondering if you could work on scaling her back from her midnite bedtime. Like try 11:30 pm as a bedtime consistently for two weeks. Then 11:00 pm for two weeks. And so forth. Maybe it's time for some tough love? Maybe choose one awakening that you don't feed her? You cannot keep going with that kinda schedule! You poor thing!

Do you bathe her or read stories every night? Do you have a "bedtime routine" in place? Maybe you could work toward one?
March 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
She seems to get sort of hyper late at night, I think because she's tired, but I can't seem to get her to actually sleep. My husband actually gets home from work around 9:30 p.m., so I'm sure that's not helping. She's pretty alert from then until around 11:30 p.m.

I don't feed her every time she wakes...sometimes I'm able to rock her back to sleep. I've been having to resort to nursing most times lately, though. She just cries and cries and crawls onto me if I don't. She seems to be really gassy some nights, too, so I think that might be part of the problem.

I don't have a good bedtime routine for her. I usually play white noise for her...but I don't really have anything else I do at a specific time each night. Her schedule has been so strange, it's been hard for me to decide even when to try a routine. It's also hard because of my husband's late work schedule. I really should just decide on something and try it, though.

March 1st, 2014, 10:46 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I think you would feel better having a routine down. The consistency would be good for you and Kaeldra. You need to pick a time to be her "bedtime" and create a routine around it. So for example, why don't you try a bath around 7:30 pm to calm her down? Then follow with some stories and then a good nursing session. Keep lights dim during the evening. Maybe you and her should start going to bed together earlier, like around 9:30 or 10:00 pm?

I think you should really invest in a crib or Pack N Play - you'd need a Pack n Play for travel anyway and you could use it for the next child. I think that would help Kaeldra's sleep issues. She wouldn't be able to crawl on you then. You would create your bedtime routine and then place her in her crib to sleep. You might be able to get stuff done around the house, too. Could your parents bring one to you when/if they visit? Or anybody? Could you borrow one? There's got to be a way.

Last edited by kary4; March 1st, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
March 2nd, 2014, 02:21 AM
I think I will try something like that. I've been hesitant to push her bedtime too much earlier, since that means my husband will have less time with her, but maybe we can change it up so he spends more time with her in the morning before work or something instead.

A Pack 'n Play costs at least $175 on amazon.jp vs. $70 on amazon.com, and they won't ship certain baby items here from amazon.com, so I'd feel like I was wasting too much money. However, my in-laws are planning to come visit sometime around April, so I might be able to ask them to bring something over. Do they fold up small enough to take in a suitcase? Also, are they safe for babies to sleep in for long periods of time? It seems like I've read that the mattress isn't the best if you're using it for more than just naps or for travel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search