We finally got our sticky bean!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By plan4fate
  • 2 Post By plan4fate
  • 1 Post By flhopeful
  • 1 Post By plan4fate

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Parenting after TTCMA LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
I mentioned it in Jen's check in thread, so I figured I may as well come post an update since I'm finally feeling a little confident.

We'd decided if we weren't pregnant by January we'd stop trying (not preventing) until we could afford an IUI, likely in summer 2018. I picked up some soy, figured we'd go out with a bang. I took 160 or 200 (I can't remember now) for days 5-9. Oh the agony I was in. A few times I thought I might poop out one of my ovaries they were that big and heavy. Then hubs and I both got sick back to back and we quit dtd the day before Ovulation. I thought we were out.

Thanksgiving weekend I realized I was "late", cd 27ish.. but late for me. I dug out a blue dye test to jump start AF and was quite surprised to find that it had a line. So I ran to the bedroom, got one of the two FRER's left from a package I'd bought a YEAR before and took that.. and it was positive too. And it only went from there. Good beta's, a HB at 6 weeks, some bleeding, a sch, hb at every ultrasound. My Ob wouldn't write me an rx for progesterone, neither would my mfm... my old ob who I can't see because of my insurance was more than happy... so I took that until 11.5 weeks when my first bottle ran out (started at 2 a day, then down to 1 when I could no longer function with the side effects.. took me right up until 11.5 weeks and I didn't see the point in buying more for the last 4 days).

Monday I hit 12 weeks, and today I had my NT scan. Baby is measuring 12weeks 4 days (I'm 12w2, and it has been measuring 1-2 days behind, which since it was a cd 16 o would make total sense), with a HB of 163 (it's been nice and high every time), the NT measurements were all over the map, from 1.6 to 2.9, she said it wasn't worrisome and since I've already had the MatT21+ drawn we'll rule out/know if there are any severe concerns.

Some days I still can't believe it... there's a tiny human growing inside my body, already using my bladder as a trampoline (as we saw vividly on my ultrasound today), sleeping with a hand over his/her eyes and refusing to cooperate for ultrasound techs. There's no reason at this point to think that I won't be holding this little one come August 7th.

6w2d and 12w2d.. amazing how fast things change.

And our announcement pictures. We are telling my step son on Friday, and then contacting our closest families on Friday and Saturday and going public shortly after. My non JM friends are going to lose their heads. lol.

January 25th, 2017, 10:30 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar fingers crossed...
Congratulations Ashley!!! So incredibly happy for you guys!!!

ttc and start our family since august 2011 <3

and now we are 3.

hoping for a little as we gear up to cycle in Feb/March 2017!
January 26th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! How are you feeling? Hopefully better now!
January 26th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Congratulations!!! How are you feeling? Hopefully better now!
I'm still dealing with some pretty intense nausea. It isn't constant.. but it is awful enough that when it happens I either refuse to eat or refuse to stop eating so my OB gave me some anti nausea meds to try and level things out. Went from 3x a day to 1x every other day or so.. but it's been nice to have. I've never been the kind of person to stay head of hunger, or eat as soon as I'm hungry.. so it's coming back to bite me. LOL.

As for the emotional feelings.. I am still very worried. I'm sure once he/she starts moving enough for me to feel it.. that I'll be more reassured.
mrs.ceebee.0915 and flhopeful like this.

February 9th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
Are you feeling any better now that you are in the 2nd trimester? I am still on Diclegis so I know the 2nd trimester isn't a magical answer to nausea I am going to attempt to go off of it this weekend.

Do you know what you are having yet?
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.
February 9th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Regular
Oh my gosh! The side by side ultrasounds are so amazing.
February 9th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Are you feeling any better now that you are in the 2nd trimester? I am still on Diclegis so I know the 2nd trimester isn't a magical answer to nausea I am going to attempt to go off of it this weekend.

Do you know what you are having yet?
I'm still needing it 1-2x a day, but i'm trying to make what I have last until I see my ob in two and a half weeks.. I don't think I'm going to make it. LOL. Its worse a night it seems, which should be fine but our sleep schedules are so messed up right now I'm awake during the worst. I'm back to wearing my seabands, taking B6 twice a day and still needing the phenegran. blah. It's not general nausea either.. it comes in strong waves that leave me coughing and gagging over and over.

Sadly I am one of a very small percentage of women who never have enough baby dna in their blood stream to do the NIPT tests. We ran the MatT21 Plus twice and both times came back invalid. I was devastated. Not once did anyone tell me that was a possibility after the 12 week mark... and we are beside ourselves with worry. My insurance denied genetic testing on me, and we don't have thousands of dollars to run it to see if I carry the two genetic issues that run in my family. We know hubs does not carry one because he was tested for it when his son was born (long story, but a doctor tried to tell them he was a dwarf and needed aborting.. Reme's fine *rolls eyes*, so they ran every test in the books).. but the other one is limited to where I'm from so it's not something they'd have looked for.

So far everything's going well.. nice strong HB when I can convince it to stay still for 3 seconds under the doppler. I check every couple of days for my own santity. I *might* be feeling movement. I can best describe it as it feels like something is tickling the right side of my uterus to the point it feels like an itch I need to scratch. Baby's feet have been in that direction at every scan too. I'm hoping that after my next scan I start to feel something I can pinpoint.. I'll be 16.2 at my next scan and I'm hoping they'll check for gender for me.. but I'm not holding my breath on it.

February 10th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh well I hope the nausea eases up really soon. Mine got way better around 16-18 weeks so maybe yours will too! It's a ridiculously long time to be sick when you think about it...

That's crazy that MaT21 did not work either time! I would have been so bummed about that! Hang in there - your anatomy scan is coming up soon so you should get all the comfort you deserve! Plus let us know if your team blue or pink

That's cool that you are feeling something. I felt some things here and there earlier with DD but I have an anterior placenta this time so just starting to feel a lot more.
February 14th, 2017, 11:52 PM
I'm still not sure that I'm actually feeling the baby. The OB pointed out the sound a kick makes on the doppler to me, and I can hear it every other time I check for the hb at home, but I don't feel it. Tonight the baby totally had the hiccups

I'm hoping they'll peek at the gender next week for me, especially since no one ever told me that sometimes the test just never works.

Nausea is still as bad as ever... Ob hopes it starts to ease up for me soon, but if not she'll keep writing nausea meds for me until no longer needed. I see her in two weeks again.
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.

March 17th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats, mama!!!! I hope you have a smooth pregnancy!
June 9th, 2017, 03:03 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Ashley!!! I'm soooooo excited for you!!!!!!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Rtrval 10/31/13 2embryos on 5d - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - Rtrval 4/4/14 (4 eggs) Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14..BFN.

Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

January 18th, 2018, 03:51 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Any update???
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Rtrval 10/31/13 2embryos on 5d - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - Rtrval 4/4/14 (4 eggs) Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14..BFN.

Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

January 19th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
Hope you post some pics of baby

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP blighted ovum 8 WEEKS 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search