Alice Jewel's Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolinaLife
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
On December 31st at 7am I woke up to definite, intense contractions. They were coming at intervals between 10 and 13 minutes. I got started with my day, but every so often would try timing them to see if they were getting any closer. Our family always has a big bonfire shindig on New Year's Eve, but this year it was tentative.. based on what was going on with me and our little girl. After hours and hours of my contractions maintaining their 10 minute intervals, we went ahead with the New Year's Eve party, but moved the time up a little bit! I was not the happiest of campers at the party, but it helped keep my mind off of things. We shot off the fireworks and headed home around 1045pm. We got home, and were going to try to sleep some (as much as you can being in can't walk/talk pain every 10 minutes for a minute). I timed them again just before going to sleep and noticed they had moved up to about 8 minutes apart. I told DH that we were probably going to have to go to the hospital before morning, so he decided to take a quick nap. As soon as he falls asleep we had 4-5 minute contractions. After 3 of those in a row, I woke up DH and told him no time for naps, he needed to go ahead and get ready. After they had been averaging 4 minute intervals for about 45 minutes we called the hospital and headed in.

We got to the hospital on 1/1/15 around 12:15 am. I was 2-3 cm dilated and 100%effaced. I hung out and labored for awhile. My parents, DH's parents, both of my grandmothers and my sister were hanging out waiting all night with us. My brother-in-law and nephews and one of my friends got there first thing in the morning to wait the last little bit of time. Then I was checked and at a 6. At that point the nurse gave me a little bit of meds through an IV since I had been laboring so long, she wanted me a little refreshed before pushing. I moved to a 7 in an hour, so she gave me some pitocin, and I moved from a 7 to a 10 in 4 contractions. From there things moved quickly. They were expecting the pushing to take a while, but they were wrong. By the time they set up the stirrups and all, I was gearing up for the final couple of pushes. Alice Jewel was born after 32 minutes of pushing at 7lbs 6.2 oz and 21 inches long, and was absolutely gorgeous. DH cut the cord, and the nurse told me later on that he about had the whole room in tears as they watched him transform from a tough guy, to a nervous wreck watching me in pain, to smitten with this little girl at first sight. Also, I feel the need to put this in here... just because I was so very impressed with my nurse, and I don't want to forget ( Not that I could!) But she was on night shift, and she stayed with me the whole time. She went off duty at 7am, but stayed not only until Alice was born at 10:47, but she continued to stay until after all of Alice's initial stuff was done. Her replacement nurse told me that she finally chased her out at 12:30pm. Such dedication! It was awesome to have her there the whole time. I don't think I could have done it without her!
I was discharged 48 hours later, but Alice had to stay because she had elevated bilirubin levels because of ABO incompatibility. She had to do al ittle photo therapy and we were able to take her home FINALLY on January 5th. I'm still amazed every time I look at her
LJD3Tdance likes this.
TTC#2
January 9th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww great story congrats

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 9th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is a wonderful birth story. There really are some great L&D nurses. When DS was born we had the same nurse that was with us when I delivered our first sin sleeping. She was amazing and stayed with us through the entire painful process (even though she was "off the clock"). While I was being admitted in labor for DS she can running into the room (she remembered us) gave both of us a huge hug and said how happy she was to see us. She then traded patients do that she could be there for DS's birth. I really hope she is there again when DD is born!
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP #4: 5/14, our second rainbow, DD born 1/23/15
Praying for another LO!
January 11th, 2015, 01:18 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry she had to stay extra . My nurse I had this time was so awesome too. She stayed a little late too. Not quite that much, but later than she had to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search