Quinton's Fast arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Hazel
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Or, should I say dramatic arrival

Wednesday the 7th I went to OB and they were thinking of inducing me possibly on Friday or over the weekend. But, my BP had been doing good and baby looked good. I was 2 - 2 1/2 cm dilated and 90% effaced. So, though I was told to wait for induction, at least body was doing something!

Thursday - went to NST and everything went well and I wasn't showing any contractions via the monitor. That night I bounced and sat on ball all eve.

Friday I woke and called DH around 9ish saying I feel off and cramped but I've felt that way off and on before, but no contractions. Around 10ish I called him back saying I think I'm having contractions but go ahead and stay at work as wasn't sure they were real because I wasn't having them before. Around 10:40ish I realized I think these are coming 3-5 mins apart. But, again wasn't 100% sure if actual labor as how can I go from nothing to 3-5 mins apart in so short a time. So, I got in and took a shower a little bit later. But, the time I got out of shower I realized I really was in labor and still 3-5 mins apart. I call DH and tell him we need to go to hospital as soon as he gets off work. Then, call him about 20 mins later (11:20) saying come home asap if possible as they are very very painful (about 3 mins apart now). I then call my OB and they say to come in asap. I went to bathroom and realize I was passing tons of blood. I go to stand up and realize I'm super swollen down there. I take a step and realize my body is pushing (without me doing it) and I reached down and I could feel hair. I immediately called 911 and stated I was in labor. I was able to make it to the front door and unlock it. Then, I grabbed a towel and laid on our bed with towel between my legs and trying to not let my body push on its own. The firefighters and paramedics arrived about 5 mins later. They were talking among themselves if should try and get to hospital or if deliver there. My hubby called then to say he was on his way home (he said later was VERY surprised to hear it being answered by a local firefighter). The paramedic got on the phone and told DH "You're wife is in very active labor and we'll be surprised if not delivered in back of ambulance". Then they tried to move me to the stretcher. OMG - the horrible pain of trying to roll onto stretcher when having full blown contractions almost every minute. Then they were telling me to lay still as they went down the outside steps - OUCH!! Each step was just super painful. I don't remember much about the ambulance ride except the paramedic trying to get me an IV but everytime he tried I'd tense up in a contraction but they finally got one in. I also remember a couple of times saying I'm having to push - I'm pushing. Even though I was trying not to push my body was on it's own plus I felt like I'd blow up if I didn't push a tiny bit occasionally. I remember getting to L&D in a room and several nurses all around and someone saying page any OB - we need one now. (mine was with a patient but on her way after that I guess). Everything was so painful and super quick that don't remember much, but they kept telling me - don't push don't push and tried to get a monitor on baby. I was laying there thinking I'd just explode when I felt a tiny relief and a nurse call out - baby's head, baby's head is here - grab him (and looks of shock on a couple nurses). Then, push, push, push. I only really needed one push for the body as I didn't even push when his head came - my body did that on its own. My OB arrived about 5 mins later and delivered placenta and then stitched me. DH arrived about 15-20 mins after Quinton Drake made his entrance. A varicose vein popped down there and that was super painful also. I'm still healing from that - I don't remember the healing being this painful with DD.

Later found out (from hubby as he overheard the nurses telling my OB) that my varicose vein popped as baby's head came out - which is probably why the look of surprise I saw on so many of the nurses' faces. They said it just exploded and blood and everything went everywhere.

Also - I have a high chance of probably needing surgery Had to go back to doctor as was feeling lots of burning and things didn't seem right. My stitches came out and the vein kinda 'busted' again so it's opened up and not healing right. My OB wants to re-check me again at my 6wk PP check but has surgery scheduled for the 3rd week of Feb. We'll cancel if end up not needing it.

Specs:
Quinton Drake Griffith
8lbs 1 oz
20"
Born at 12:45pm
1/9/15
Kristina likes this.

Last edited by momie2b9-20-11; January 23rd, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
January 14th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that must have been scary as all heck!! I can't even imagine!

When I had DD (induced, in the hospital), my body started pushing on it's own too. The nurse didn't believe it was time or that I was ready because I had just been checked like 20 minutes earlier. I had to get DH to drag her into the room and low and behold her head was already coming out. So I TOTALLY know that feeling! It happens really quick from that point!

So glad though that you got to the hospital in time! Your poor DH though! Is he upset he missed the birth? He must have been so surprised!

January 14th, 2015, 04:36 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The hair feeling freaks me out. I had a dream that happened to me, and that it actually happened to you freaks me out lol

January 22nd, 2015, 02:46 AM
HazelMom's Avatar Emily
Oh my gosh what an intense birth experience! Big ((hugs)) for going through all that!

2/14/14 - 6 weeks

January 23rd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
Wow, that must have been scary as all heck!! I can't even imagine!

When I had DD (induced, in the hospital), my body started pushing on it's own too. The nurse didn't believe it was time or that I was ready because I had just been checked like 20 minutes earlier. I had to get DH to drag her into the room and low and behold her head was already coming out. So I TOTALLY know that feeling! It happens really quick from that point!

So glad though that you got to the hospital in time! Your poor DH though! Is he upset he missed the birth? He must have been so surprised!
It was very scary! NOT what I was thinking this birth would be like. But, glad that he waited until at the hospital to officially make his appearance (though I'm sure he could have came lots sooner if I had actively pushed though more contractions). The scariest part was feeling hair and thinking "I don't want to deliver this baby all by myself".

DH was a little sad he missed the birth but when he called & firefighter answered phone he realized that he'd probably miss out since I was in very active labor. He said he was glad that I was in good hands and was able to call 911 for help. And, also stated that though he missed birth and was somewhat disappointed he's glad that he was more rested to help out after the birth since we weren't laboring together for hours before hand.
January 30th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, Ashley! I guess Quinton just couldn't wait to meet you I hope you don't need the surgery and things begin to heal up on their own {{hugs}}
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search