Logans birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By novella0708
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 1 Post By Mom_of_Sweet_Ps
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2015, 02:31 AM
Loving My Piglets
This isn't going to be long as I had a planned c-section but here it is:

I got the shocking phone call on Monday 6th July to say my medical team had decided Logan should be born on Thursday 9th July at 31 weeks rather than the 34-36 weeks we originally planned (this was due to my aggressive cancer that needed treated).

I went to get steroid shots on the Tuesday and Wednesday and did all my paper work.

Thursday we arrived in at 8am and got shown to our room, we had to get ready straight away as we were first on the list, so I got ready and hubby got changed into his section clothes, we just had to hang about waiting for them to set up, after a while we got wheeled into theatre, hubby had to wait outside while they set up, which seemed like forever, they gave me a spinal block it was about 35-40 mins later before hubby was allowed back in! it took them that long to set up, he was worried they had started without him lol.

There were alot of medical team there, including doctors for Logan and neonatal staff... by the time they started my section it was 10.20am... the screen went up and they began.. I just felt alot of pressure but everything was fine, at 10.35am they told me he was out, I sat there waiting for a cry, expecting a little cry as he was only 31 weeks but he cried and cried and cried some more!! he had a fantastic pair of lungs on him, hubby got to stand up and take a photo of him in the surgeons arms and then they whisked him off and started rubbing him down and wheeled him straight round to neonatal so I only got to see the photo of him.

He weighed 3lbs 14oz and his scores were 9 and 10.

They stitched me up and wheeled me back to recovery, where I started getting a horrible migraine and my vision started disappearing, it wasn't nice at all, but they told me they pumped me with alot of hormones and I always get migraines when I am due on so I am guessing it must of been that. After half hour in recovery they wheeled me through to neonatal to take a peep at Logan before taken me upto the ward, they had him on CPAP for his breathing as he started struggling as soon as he got back to neonatal.

I never made it down to see him that night because I was in so much pain from the section I couldn't even move, I was in just as much pain the following day but I managed to plonk myself in a wheelchair with some morphine and get down for 15 minutes before coming back up, they told me he wasn't doing well at all, was on antibiotics for suspected sepsis, Jaundiced, Ventilated and sedated due to Respiratory distress, aswell as a heart murmur, they were getting him ready to transfer to a bigger and better hospital

I went upto my room and once the team from the other hospital arrived to transfer him to the new hospital they wheeled him to the ward I was on so I could say goodbye.

Logan stayed in this hospital for 3 days... hubby went with him and travelled between the hospital I was staying in and the hospital Logan stayed in by bus, it was difficult for him and for me, not seeing my little boy for 4 days I was discharged from the hospital on day 4 and Logan was transferred back to my hospital the following day on day 5 so I got to go and see him for the first time properly.

Picture from his birth:

This is from last week his first bath

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

August 3rd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He's so precious. Thanks for sharing Logan's birth story. Praying for you and him.
sarah* likes this.

August 4th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a scary experience with your little guy. I'm glad that he is doing better now. He is such a little cutie and I love the full head of hair!
sarah* likes this.
August 4th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He and his Mom are fighters! He is so precious.
sarah* likes this.
#1 (11), #2 (10), #3 (6), #4 (4), #5 (2) &
Baby #6 born at 39 weeks on 9/11/15 -
7 lbs, 15 oz & 21"
Never forgetting our 4 angels taken too soon.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. -Psalm 139:14
August 7th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Expecting #2
Oh, he is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search