Log In Sign Up

Noah scott

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WY
Posts: 2,760
Noah's birth story. Full edition fyi it's a long one, but most of it you ladies know.

Our team green baby is a BOY!!! We had Noah scott on Nov. 24th at 5:44 am. I woke up at 3 am to bleeding. I called my mother in law right away as she needed to come get my daughter and my brother in law and his fiance had to drive me. My husband was at work 45 minutes west of us and hospital is 40 minutes east of us. We got to hospital and checked in around 415 am. I only had a couple contractions but they weren't intense at all. They checked me and I was 4 cm and 100% and baby at a 0 station. Water hadn't broke but was severely bulging. Doctor came in and said they were going to get pitocin bag going and I told her absolutely not. Ur gonna just break my water and count down the minutes til we have him you will not start pitocin on me at all. She left the room disgruntled and mad at me but she came back and said ok We will do as u ask as I read ur file and you have very fast labors. I said yup but ur gonna wait til my husband gets here. He showed up at 445 am and then it began. They gave me some fetonol and broke my water bag. Fetonol didn't touch a thing but she said it would help with pain of breaking my bag, really bc it was like taking a small dose of tylenol for a bone sticking thru the skin. It didn't touch me at all. The doctor came in just a few minutes before 5 am and broke my water and it was on like donkey kong. I was on all 4s and everything. I kept saying I need pain reliever, the nurse kept telling me hunny you don't have time for the anesthesiologist to get out of bed, let alone out of his house before u have this baby. At 5 am she said when she checked me after breaking water i was at a 6, by 530 i was at an 8, by 535 i felt the urge to push, i was still an 8, after i got the urge to push i went quick. I had about 5 or 6 contractions between being an 8 cm and having my little man screaming. He was 5 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long. Born at 544 am. Less than an hr of labor. All natural as she didn't lie about anesthesiologist didn't have time to do anything they didn't even call him. I told her before this all went down I wanted all natural, no pain drugs and I knew I'd ask but knew I wouldn't have time for them.

Well we had a great first 11 hrs after birth until Noah started profusely puking. He was nursing great all day and everything was just amazing then well We have had a rough start. Well noah started throwing up profusely at 430 and so I had to do a complete outfit, diaper change. He still had not had a bowel movement and the doctors, and nurses said it was common for the first 24 hrs but I just knew something was not right. I got to investigating. I pulled his butt cheeks apart til the skin was flat and saw he had No hole. I freaked out majorly. My husband ran and got the nurses, who came in and looked and ran back out and called pediatrician. He was there with in less than 5 minutes. He looked and apologized that he missed it as noah looks like he has the opening as it's all creased and such. The pediatrician informed us Noah has IA (Imperforate Anus, meaning no butt hole). He said this is something we can't handle here, we will be keeping him in the NICU nmand prepping him for emergency transfer to Denver (3 hrs away). I freaked and said I am going with him. The OB on call had me discharged in less than 30 minutes so I could fly to Rocky Mountain Children's Hospital with Noah. We flew out of Nebraska at 8pm and got to the children's hospital in Denver at 930 (the ambulance ride from Centennial airport was longer than the flight). Once here he started care right away but we didn't see doctor or surgeon til next morning. They came in at 730 am and said he will be in surgery to have a ostomy done and will be on an ostomy bag for the first few months. He was wheeled away at 1145 am for his surgery. The surgeon came back out at 1 pm and said he did amazing. Before surgery when she was looking we saw alot of Maconium buildup right under the skin at his anus area. Surgeon was all happy while mommy and daddy were freaking still. She said that means he has all parts intact and to the rectum, just skin over the opening. After surgery she said what she thought was correct. We started back feedings out of a bottle Thursday and by Friday evening he was back on the breast. We have had to be in the NICU and he has had AMAZING care here. I have been here the whole time, staying on these amazing chairs that recline almost flat. My husband unfortunately had to go home Thursday morning as he had to work Thursday night, so he hasn't been with us since. My daughter stayed with my inlaws and daddy(once he was home) My amazing mommy flew out Wednesday(25th) night from PA and stayed with me and Noah til she flew back this Sunday am.

We got released last monday and I was sooo ready to be home with my daughter and husband. I have never been away from my daughter longer than an overnight stay due to work. We do have to go back to Denver in on the 16th for his post op with the surgeon and his prior op to have the hole opened up. We will again go back in 4 or so weeks after that for the surgery to open it up. Then hopefully 6 weeks after that we again will go back back to have his ostomy reversed.

Since being hom he has been in a newborn model shoot and had christmas pics with sissy. He also went to church yesterday and got dedicated. We been busy, more me on the phone with doctors, surgeon, insurance, getting ostomy supplies it has been hectic.

He is healthy as all get out other than this little hiccup and he is such a minor case it will not have any long lasting effects. I am so releaved.
Reply With Quote
December 9th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 128
Wow. That's some start. One more thing to look for. I'm glad u caught it, how stressful for your whole family. I hope it's smooth from here on. Congrats on your little boy!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM.