Shopping!

Forum: May 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2015, 03:03 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Just got back from buying new clothes. It had to be done. I'm not doing maternity stuff this time around though. Got some yoga pants, cute leggings and a couple of really big graphic sweatshirts. I've never done the leggings thing before but I can see the allure. Comfy plus I look smoking hot in the plaid ones I picked out. DH very much approves. Anybody else done any fun shopping?
Spottts likes this.
November 21st, 2015, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to Motherhood Maternity and strictly shopped the clearance rack. I also hit up Burlington Coat Factory. They had some really good prices. I picked up a pair of leggings too.
November 21st, 2015, 06:33 PM
avocado.eggrolls's Avatar Mama of 2, #3 on the way!
i went to maurices and got another pair of leggings and a pretty sparkly blouse for disney world christmas party. i'm looking forward to panels! i looooove my panels! i like cheap old navy maternity jeans and the kid2kid maternity section. i'm not a fancy fashion person, although i do love watching gossip girl!

November 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 3 hours from the closest store with maternity clothes and online shopping has just sucked. I've returned so many pants and finally gave up. I won't be making it to the city anytime soon. I'll just have to stick to sweats. They're more comfy anyway.

November 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBee View Post
I'm 3 hours from the closest store with maternity clothes and online shopping has just sucked. I've returned so many pants and finally gave up. I won't be making it to the city anytime soon. I'll just have to stick to sweats. They're more comfy anyway.
This is me too. We have nothing around here. I did some online shopping last time and got lucky with the most comfy maternity jeans ever. But I mostly made due with old clothes handed down and back and forth from me and my friends. This time I'm just sticking to stretchy pants and big comfy shirts. No fuss no muss.
November 22nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar On to the second!
I bought some online cause I didn't have cold weather clothes (like long sleeves and sweaters) that would be maternity appropriate. Since I already want to be in maternity clothes... I bought some. but only a few tops and a dress. Otherwise, the old stuff works.

November 22nd, 2015, 04:11 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought 4 pairs of maternity pants and 2 short sleeved shirts from Motherhood when they were on clearance and additional 30% off. I went to Burlington and bought 2 pairs of shorts for super cheap. I hate paying full price for clothes!

I borrowed a lot of maternity clothes with my last pregnancy but my SILs are still using them now. In Florida it's only chilly/cold for about 3 months so I don't want to bother buying long sleeved shirts. I'll just wear a light weight jacket inside if I'm cold!

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
November 23rd, 2015, 07:21 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a few things from Old Navy & JCPenney, and a co-worker let me borrow a ton of maternity work pants, so that has been helpful.

I have a bunch of tunic tops and shirt/sweater dresses, so those are working out for now. I'm going to try and limit how much maternity clothes I actually buy... I went into H&M last week and they had a ton of "oversized" clothes that will work well for maternity clothes and hopefully I can wear them post-baby too.
November 23rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
I picked up a good handful of shirts off facebook Second hand is the way to go! I got a few pairs of pants too, but haven't tried them on yet so not sure they will work. I still fit into regular jeans - I had a few pairs that were too big, so now I'm just wearing those So nice to have shirts that fit though. Now I just need to get a few hoodies cause these ones are getting tough to zip up!
November 23rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have four kids seven and under, So I have tons of maternity clothing, however this time around I have a job so my mumu and lounge wear just isn't going to cut it! I keep asking my DH to find my maternity clothing and it has not become a priority to him. So no shopping has happened yet.
November 24th, 2015, 04:16 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
So far I'm still fitting in my clothes but my belly is starting to pop. I'm not sure where I'll find maternity jeans for me (I'm very short lol). Even the "short" jeans at the stores are too long for me.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

November 24th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
So far I'm still fitting in my clothes but my belly is starting to pop. I'm not sure where I'll find maternity jeans for me (I'm very short lol). Even the "short" jeans at the stores are too long for me.
This is my problem. Buying pants is a nightmare. Everything drags. The first store I went to must have only made yoga pants for Amazonians.
Spottts likes this.
December 29th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Mumberry has awesome maternity workout gear and yoga pants with a built-in belly support band! Can find them on their website or on Amazon. They also have a lot of good resources for pregnancy health on their blog!
December 29th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBee View Post
Try Mumberry's website great quality gear with built-in belly support for mama's to feel cute and stylish with their bump!
December 29th, 2015, 05:08 AM
jeihud11's Avatar Joy
I'm still fitting my regular clothes for the most part. Some pants I can no longer button though so I am using a belly band with those ones. I also already own a lot of leggings and comfy loose fitting tops or dresses. I should be good to go (especially with hand-me-downs). Though I must admit that I do get pretty picky about my clothes, so as I get bigger I very well may start investing in my own stuff to match my own style.
December 29th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
The "short" length is usually just right for me but hard to find especially if I'm just searching clearance or used.

So, if I buy new I safety pin hem then pants and wear them a few times to make sure they don't shrink. I have had it happen that the pants have shrunk to the right length so I didn't need to actually hem them. After that, I get my mom to cut and do a real hem on my work pants or yoga type pants. If they're just jeans I roll them up or let them bunch around my ankles depending on just how long they are.

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
December 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeihud11 View Post
I'm still fitting my regular clothes for the most part. Some pants I can no longer button though so I am using a belly band with those ones. I also already own a lot of leggings and comfy loose fitting tops or dresses. I should be good to go (especially with hand-me-downs). Though I must admit that I do get pretty picky about my clothes, so as I get bigger I very well may start investing in my own stuff to match my own style.
Did Emily get those pants to you? It was just two pairs of more dressy up pants that we thought you could use at work. I think they are a size extra small so they should fit you.
December 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
jeihud11's Avatar Joy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
Did Emily get those pants to you? It was just two pairs of more dressy up pants that we thought you could use at work. I think they are a size extra small so they should fit you.
Yes! She did and they will definitely work well as soon as I start needing more room for the growing belly. I am glad I have a couple of pairs because otherwise co-workers would just have to deal with me coming in sweats or leggings. ha!
December 29th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just bought a few pants and shirts on eBay. I got lucky with the jeans and I love them!
November 25th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Hey, Now-a-days trend of Online shopping is increasing rapidly. Most people lean toward Online shopping instead of visiting at physical stores. A couple of days back, My cousin was organizing a surprise birthday party for her mother, So she was planning to give wholesale designer sunglasses to guest as a gift. Looking on the Internet she came to know about fashion sunglasses suppliers selling sunglasses in bulk. So she purchased wholesale sunglasses in bulk at a cheap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search