Uncontrollable coughing

Forum: 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2014, 10:56 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still freaking miserable and yesterday was the WORST. I had some pretty bad coughing but then I went out to the store and when I came back I literally had this uncontrollable cough that made me gag and almost throw up. It lasted off and on all day and most of the night. I kept getting a tickling in my throat and it sent me into coughing fits. They were so bad it bad my head hurt and my stomach and back hurt so bad I could barely walk. I downed Robitussin DM and took Benadryl but it would only stop for a little bit. I'm coughing a bit this morning but I am terrified the coughing will return today. It was so bad i was tempted to go to the doctor. What the heck is going on? I still have no idea if I have a cold or just allergies or what! I'm concerned all the coughing will cause some issues, they tend to make me have contractions at times. I even had to wear a pad all day because the coughing was so bad I was pee'ing on myself. Anyone had this type of issue? I have never been sick like that or had a really bad tickling cough before whether pregnant or not. This is sucking big time.

December 5th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better soon.

December 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is no fun. I had some episodes like this when we first turned the heat on. I was so thankful it happened at home, because it was like coughing, gagging, peeing to the point where my jeans were soaked as I ran to the bathroom. Totally tmi lol, but I feel your pain. Now I am just stuck with head congestion. Has your filter been changed in your furnace recently? Me and the kids are sensitive to little things like that. It's kinda pricey, but Delsym is the best cough medicine I have ever used and worth every penny. It is also safe to use during pregnancy.

December 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
BostieMama's Avatar Veteran
I had an awful head cold and coughing back in September. It was awful! Sounds just like it did with me. Gagging, couldn't catch my breath, stomach so sore from it. The doctor only gave me sudafed and cough medicine. Do your lungs sound clear? I remember them saying is need an antibiotic if that was the case but mine stayed all in my head. I hope you feel better because I know it sucks! Hot water and honey would help me when I'd have a bad fit. Only downside is then you're peeing nonstop!
December 5th, 2014, 03:45 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry your so miserable. I had the flu back in March of this year that left me with a terrible cough like that.. but being pregnant would be so much harder to deal with . I have heard good things on Delsym cough drops too - not sure if those are okay during pregnancy though. And sounds silly but at night if you put Vicks on your soles of your feet and socks, that can help stop coughing too. Again not sure if Vicks is okay during pregnancy though.Feel better soon!

December 5th, 2014, 04:36 PM
sweetpea0714's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I had a bad chest cold that turned bronchitis earlier this fall. It was awful! I had to wear pads because I'd pee every time I coughed and I would get into coughing fits that would make me vomit and then choke because I was still coughing while I was vomiting...I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I mostly had to wait it out. I did the cough syrup thing. I did find that using a vaporizer with the Vick's pads helped some. As long as I rested a lot and sat in the vapor, I did a lot better.
December 6th, 2014, 12:02 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will need to buy some of the Delsym. When I asked the doc office what to take she told me Robitussin and I hate having to take that crap every 4 hrs. plus it makes my stomach hurt if I haven't eaten enough. I am still coughing like a maniac. It's making my head hurt and still having to wear a pad for the leaking issue. I will be so glad when this goes away, I am seriously a miserable mess. I was suppose to go take my glucose test this week but I have felt awful all week and can't fathom going to drink that nasty drink and wait to get blood drawn. All while Coughing like a nut and gagging. It will just have to wait until next week granted I am feeling better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search