christmas

Forum: 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Veteran
This is off baby topic but what do you plan or did you get your significant other for christmas? Do you give gifts to your parents or other family members for Christmas also? Do you go home to you parents or extended family for the holidays or just stay home?
December 12th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got dh cologne, beats headphones, some workout gear and new sneakers. We made a calendar with pictures of our son and the family for our in laws and send them a centerpiece - they live a few states away. My siblings and I chipped in to get my parents a tv. We will go over there this year around lunch time until after dinner

December 12th, 2014, 12:26 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I got DH some clothes and a deer jerky maker lol. We don't do a lot gift wise for each other at Christmas. I've been so focused on getting DS stuff since this is the first Christmas he understands somewhat (he was 8 months last year). I do also get presents for immediate family and some extended family as well.

Expecting a baby girl EDD July 5, 2015!

December 12th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Super Mommy
splurged this year since I am sure from now on it will be more about the baby :-) we are first timers ya know! I got my husband a tablet. I don't know much about them so I went off reviews and got him a galaxy 4 Tab.....if he doesn't like it I think he can just return it. I got it cyber Monday so it was $200 cheaper :-)

We got his parents a HUGE gift this year, but they have done so much for us and will be primary caregiver for baby during work hours. We are getting them new carpet, what they have now is from the 70's and kinda gross! It is benefiting us too since I don't want the baby hanging around old gross carpet.
married since 2012, together since 2003

Not preventing since 2010....
TTC since June '12
Testing October 2013, can't find anything wrong with either of us.
1st - 6th IUI (all medicated) failed (all in 2014)

IVF History
ER 10-8-14
ET 10-13-14 (Husband's B-day!)
21 follicles, 9 mature eggs, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to 5 days, 2 frozen, 2 placed.
1st beta: 629 (My B-day!) 2nd beta: 8,017 (at 5 weeks and 2 days)
1st u/s 11-6-14, 1 baby with a great HB of 115

December 12th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We plan to see my family on christmas eve and dh's family on christmas day. I haven't purchased my gift yet, but will soon. It's a little thing as we don't get much for each other right now. We just bought a house and like to focus on the kiddos. I want to buy them everything!

MMC 2007, DS 2008, DS 2010, DS 2012, DS 2015, MC 2017 BFP 2017

December 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Veteran
We are seeing my in-laws on Christmas Eve and my parents on Christmas day- All live within a mile from us. Yes, DH and I exchange a few gifts, and we buy presents for our parents. Our main focus though is on our daughter, and she gets the majority of the gifts. DH's birthday is Dec. 22! It's a busy week for us!

Marguerite born 10-12-10 at 37w1d; 7lbs. 11oz. 21.5 inches (D&E post-partum hemorrhaging)

Miscarriages at 6w: August 2012, Sept. 2014, & June 2015
Griffin born into heaven due to placental abruption, delivered 6-3-13 at 38w4d; 9lbs. 2oz. 22.5 inches (D&E post-partum hemorrhaging)
Missed Miscarriage on 2-23-14 at 10w after healthy early heartbeat; D&E
Clara Noelle, D&E 12-26-14 at 13w3d; trisomy 13 & alobar holoprosencephaly
Praying for the safe arrival of our baby boy~ due Aug. 12 with induction July 22, 2016
December 13th, 2014, 10:19 AM
sk8bettyt's Avatar Super Mommy
For Christmas, we stay at home. Our kids struggle with the chaos of Christmas, the change in routine, so it's easier to stay at home. If people wish to come over, they can. We come down and open presents, then have a brunch meal.

I got DH a grooming kit, some vinyl toys, a tshirt, some fun socks, and plan to get him some concert tickets. The concert is on his birthday in March, so we are making that his birthday and our anniversary gift. We have to make lots of arrangements before we can even think about going out on a date, so we splurge once a year for something like this.
DS#1 Aven (8)
DS#2 Jacob (4)
SS Caleb (11)
and baby Cooper due 7/1!

April 10th, 2017, 01:56 AM
A techie gift is the best option, especially when it comes to your kids. With a growing trend in technology, gifting any affordable item such as an iPod or headphone or a music player would be great as it will not cost you much plus will make your kids happy. I have a friend who got a pair of cheap noise isolating headphones for his teenage brother, and had a great experience. He got a good deal and they are also good quality headphones. And the most important thing, the happiness of his brother, that was priceless.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search