Separation Anxiety

Forum: 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By redsheart_7
  • 1 Post By LJD3Tdance
  • 1 Post By LoveSuzie
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2016, 02:43 AM
Veteran
Yesterday I had the worst case of separation anxiety ever. It's not because I don't trust my babysitter or my mum who's watching over my baby, but because I was worried he won't love me as much as when he would see me at all hours.I bring LO to work every day ever since he was a month old but because of certain circumstances I thought it was better to have him stay somewhere else other than where I work. He already favors DH more than me and I was in tears worrying that he'll forget about me when I'm not with him. I was a mess - crying in the car, crying at my office, crying in the toilet... So I searched for other mother's experiences in the net to get my mind off of it but even with all the positive comments I wasn't assured. I kissed LO as soon as I arrived home and even if his response was lackluster it made me a bit better. I tell myself, as long as he's happy, I shouldn't worry about it.
BUT BUT what made me ten times better was when my sister came to tease him (my sister is sort of LO's frenemy where she's one of the sources for cool stuff but also his tormentor). Last night she hugged me, sticking her tongue at him and he just screamed at her until his face went red coz when it comes to her and the stuff that he likes, he gets extra possessive. He even ignored his dad and ran at us trying to push her away from me. And how could I have forgotten that he prefers to cuddle with me to sleep like what he did last night? Silly me.
Thankgoodness all that stress was resolved in one day haha. I don't think I can handle being so emotional like that for days - one day was enough for me
Anyone else had similar experience?
June 8th, 2016, 08:14 PM
I am so glad that you recognized that your LO loves you, and that it will help you to remember that the next time. Also, it is wonderful that your LO is loved by so many.
Redsheart_7
Pinkachoo likes this.
July 8th, 2016, 10:17 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had some really hard times when I was working leaving my baby. I fully understand.
Pinkachoo likes this.

May 1st, 2018, 04:32 AM
Thats really tough, sending love
Pinkachoo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search