Hurricane Matthew

Forum: March 2017 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2017 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Regular
So how many of you ladies besides myself in the path of the storm?? What have you done to prep and are you evacuating??
October 4th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm not, but hopefully you all stay safe!
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
October 4th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I'm in Central, FL, right between Orlando and Tampa...so we will definitely feel the effects. Where are you located?

We won't be evacuating...just may keep my son home if school isn't cancelled. Unless there's more of a shift, I'm not too worried about any major damage.
October 5th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Veteran
I think on Saturday we are going to get rain from it not sure about the strong winds and how close in its path we will be as of now.
October 5th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Regular
I'm in Onslow county North Carolina just a few from Wilmington NC on the coast. I'm hoping it shifts more east, yesterday it was saying it was going to directly hit us. We are boarding up but other than that, we are going to wait out the storm. Hurricane Irene tore siding off and busted our car windshield and it was only a Cat 1, so pray it's doesn't strengthen as it moves up!
October 5th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinCancer View Post
I'm in Onslow county North Carolina just a few from Wilmington NC on the coast. I'm hoping it shifts more east, yesterday it was saying it was going to directly hit us. We are boarding up but other than that, we are going to wait out the storm. Hurricane Irene tore siding off and busted our car windshield and it was only a Cat 1, so pray it's doesn't strengthen as it moves up!
Prayers for safety!
October 5th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Demetria's Avatar Baby Mia 11-12 1lb 6oz <3
I am in North Carolina and we are only expecting some rain, I am much further inland in Charlotte. I hope everyone stays safe and well!

Somewhere over the RAINBOW

Missing my sweet little boy, RIP Baby Sullivan Parker
1-3-14 18 weeks gestation (measuring 20 weeks at scan)
May 8th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I have never experienced one, but am always worried about the ones who face it. I have relatives who live in Florida and since they have experienced hurricanes, many times, they take preventive measures to protect their house. They have installed the hurricane impact windows Miami and doors that they got from this website, keep the first-aid box and necessary medicines at an easy reach, go for roofing, since it protects from water leakage, and store lots of water and good amount of food, since it is very difficult to get them during such situations. And we can always pray for the safety of our family and friends. Also, if they get a chance, they just leave their house and stay at our house till the situations are under control.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search