What race/s will your baby be?

Forum: 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2015, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am white and hubby is Mexican. It's always fun to see how they will look lol. Numbers 1,2 and 5 look mixed. 3 looks pretty white(even with hazel eyes that look really green sometimes) and 4 looks mostly Mexican.
cowgirl_up likes this.

[img]

December 21st, 2015, 06:07 PM
Regular
Same here. I'm white and SO is Mexican and this is our first, so I'm really curious to see how the baby turns out. It's kinda fun not knowing what to expect. lol
israelsmommy likes this.

December 21st, 2015, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a mix of Eastern European, and hubby is Latino (El Salvador). Our daughter is just gorgeous! Hubby is very dark, so DD has a darker skin tone as well. She has dark brown hair with red and blonde highlights though, and it's so pretty! This is from a photoshoot earlier this year (because I love this photo):
israelsmommy and Saturday03 like this.

Due with #2 after 5 years of TTCMA. FET #1 after IVF #2 and immune therapy was just the ticket apparently!
December 21st, 2015, 06:40 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm white (mix of Greek and Western European). DH is half black and half white. I think DD looks mixed, with her caramel skin and curly hair, but when I'm with her and DH isn't, other people seem to think she is white. People constantly ask me where on Earth she got her curly hair! I guess she just looks racially ambiguous? Curious how baby 2 will shake out.
israelsmommy likes this.
December 22nd, 2015, 07:53 AM
JLock126's Avatar Baby #2 is on the way!
I'm white/Puerto Rican (1/4) and my hubby is a light skinned native American. Our DD who is 3.5 looks like a very light skinned native American. She has the brown curly hair and hazel/brown eyes. I have blue eyes. She looks so much like my DH Mother when she was born.

She's just so beautiful to us.
Me and my DH when we were prego with our first DD. 4 years ago. Wish I still had that hair hahaha.

israelsmommy likes this.
DD#1 (Our Sweetie Pie) born June 22, 2012.

Little Babe #2 is on the way!!!

December 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Veteran
I am part Italian and hubby is mainly dutch. Our son looks Irish, so he must have gotten all the recessive genes haha, he is super white with an orange tint to his hair Curious to see what #2 will look like!
1/25/14 - beta 1232
1/27/14 - beta 2755
1/31/14 - ultrasound showing gestational sac and yolk sac
2/11/14 - ultrasound showing baby and heart rate at 140 bpm
2/28/14 - first appointment to take history
3/20/14 - NT scan and doctor appointment
4/15/14 - 16 week appointment heart rate 156 bpm
5/16/14 - anatomy scan - it's a
BOY!! Heart rate 146 bpm
6/11/14 - doctors appointment. Everything looks great! Measuring right on track. Baby hb 147 bpm

Hendrick James born 9/24/14

12/6/15 -
1/4/16 - First appointment to go over history and have lab work done
1/24/16 - Heard HB for first time on doppler... rate was 150 BPM
2/1/16 - Doctor appointment - heart rate 164 bpm
2/3/16 - NT scan scheduled - everything looked good! HR 171 bpm

3/1/16 - 16 week appointment - everything looked great!
3/23/16 - Anatomy scan - It's a GIRL - everything measuring perfectly HR 145 bpm

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 22nd, 2015, 10:05 AM
TheRefereeOfTheHouse's Avatar Veteran
I'm white, and my husband is mixed (50% black, 50% white); our kids so far are light skinned, with dirty blonde hair, and blue or green eyes. They do have a lot of their grandfathers features tho as far as lips and nose go. Plus all have curly hair. My husband was blonde as a child though and is lighter skinned, he took after his mom more than his dad. All of our kids look just like him... would love to get one to look like me lol.
israelsmommy and ChiChica like this.

December 22nd, 2015, 10:36 AM
JLock126's Avatar Baby #2 is on the way!
I had blonde curly hair when I was born. It would be so neat to see that with the next babe but my hubbies native American genes are strong hahaha. We will see.
DD#1 (Our Sweetie Pie) born June 22, 2012.

Little Babe #2 is on the way!!!

December 22nd, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
I had blonde curly hair when I was born. It would be so neat to see that with the next babe but my hubbies native American genes are strong hahaha. We will see.
Same with my husband genes lol. He is lighter skinned and had blonde hair with green eyes, but facial feature wise you can see the strong African American genes coming through.

December 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha, hubby and I are both white as white can be. Lots of Irish, English, and German in our families. We don't even tan well. Both of our girls are blonde, one with his brown eye and one with my blue eyes. He has brown hair, but my blonde seems to be winning in the gene pool. Hair and eyes are about the only possible variables with us.
December 22nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin View Post
I'm a mix of Eastern European, and hubby is Latino (El Salvador). Our daughter is just gorgeous! Hubby is very dark, so DD has a darker skin tone as well. She has dark brown hair with red and blonde highlights though, and it's so pretty! This is from a photoshoot earlier this year (because I love this photo):
She's so beautiful!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
Ha, hubby and I are both white as white can be. Lots of Irish, English, and German in our families. We don't even tan well. Both of our girls are blonde, one with his brown eye and one with my blue eyes. He has brown hair, but my blonde seems to be winning in the gene pool. Hair and eyes are about the only possible variables with us.
LOL! It's still so fun to see though. And there are lots of mixed folks who look completely white... look at my kids, you'd never guess they were 1/4 black. A lot of times people don't even know my husband is 1/2 black. They just tan really well, which I'm EXTREMELY jealous about lol. I turn more of a reddish orange color when I tan rather than brown lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
I'm white/Puerto Rican (1/4) and my hubby is a light skinned native American. Our DD who is 3.5 looks like a very light skinned native American. She has the brown curly hair and hazel/brown eyes. I have blue eyes. She looks so much like my DH Mother when she was born.

She's just so beautiful to us.
Me and my DH when we were prego with our first DD. 4 years ago. Wish I still had that hair hahaha.

Oh my gosh is she not the cutest!!!
JLock126 likes this.

Last edited by TheRefereeOfTheHouse; December 22nd, 2015 at 10:54 AM.
December 22nd, 2015, 12:13 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm as white as you can get.... lol... Pennsylvannia Dutch and German I'm like 1/32nd american indian though and every once in awhile someone in our family turns out with really dark easy to tan skin, though I wasn't the one in my family to get it. I have blondish brown hair with a tiny tint of red, and blue eyes that sometimes look green.My husband is Irish and German, so pretty white as well.. he does tan better than I do though. He has Brown hair with red in his beard (lovely Irish coming out), and Brown eyes.
Both of our boys got Orange hair the oldest is lighter than the youngest but both pretty bright Red... or Orange. Both the boys also have Brown eyes.
Our daughter has hair like mine, blondish brown with a tint of red, and Green eyes... sometimes they almost look brown, and very rarely a grayish blue... but mostly a modest green.
I hate when people lament over the fact that my beautiful daughter didn't get the red hair, I mean yeah it would be fun to have her with that fiery orange red hair, but she is stinking adorable, so why be unhappy about hair color... I actually had to tell her how beautiful she was at the store the other day because some guy said loudly and in front of her that 'it was too bad she didn't get pretty red hair like her brothers.'
sorry for the rant... lol.
I kinda hope to have another blonde, or even a brunnette, but I'll take whatever... They are all the cutest kids to me!
December 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your kids are beautiful!
slmehaffey- I know what you mean! My mom of all people would say every time I got pregnant, "Hopefully this baby gets blue eyes." I finally told her something! I don't care what color they have, they are gorgeous. My 4 year old daughter gets EVERYONE's attention and comments on how beautiful she is and I feel bad for the other kids.

Thankfully, all my kids got the ability to tan lol. I burn in 60 degree weather as long as the sun as out.

[img]

December 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't burn too easily but if I burn I get a tan...lol... I'll never tan without a burn though so I don't try for a tan... it is too painful.
December 22nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I love all the variations and the surprise of how a new little one will look!

On my side technically it's all Western European, either Dutch or a mix of Scottish/English. BUT my moms side (full blood first generation Dutch) there are many with dark hair, and dark easy to tan skin, both here and back in holland. Curious for a Dutch family. My moms theory is that sometime back when holland was invaded by Spain some of the spaniard blood got in the gene pool.

My dad has black super curly hair, but his skin is super light so I think that's just Scottish. I know other scots with really dark hair.

Dh family should all be from Western European/British Scandinavian stock although it's harder to tell because they all came over pretty much with the mayflower. His dad has red hair and light skin but his mom has almost black thick curly hair, deep brown eyes and tans well. The beautiful chocolate brown eyes run all through her family. We are pretty certain there was a First Nations great grandmother, close enough that dh could have a status card if it had been declared... But unfortunately it was covered up and denied as shameful, some of the older folks still won't admit it. There is so much variation among my DH and his 5 siblings that at restaurants his parents used to get asked "is it a blended family" cus half looked like mom and half like dad.

So all that got us a son who people ask me if he has a black father when I'm out with him and not DH, the Jamaican lady across the street even thought so! He has Afro level of curly hair, beautiful deep brown eyes and tans super deep. The hair is most like my dads though. In the winter that question never gets asked as he's not tanned. dd1 and looks like dd2 both have blonde hair. The older one has Shirley temple ringlets, so cute, but the baby's hair is looking straighter. It'll be nice to not have to deal with the frizz this time although I doubt it'll be poker straight, there's curls everywhere on both sides. My middle daughter has lighter skin than the other two, but she still doesn't burn easily which is nice! We have so many options for each new baby, it's exciting to see what will turn up! My niece, whose older sister has dark brown hair, tan skin and the signature chocolate eyes, has the fairest skin ever and red hair.
December 23rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
We are Australian but my OH's father was from Portugal, his Mothers family is Scottish of origin and my OH is olive skinned, dark wavy almost black hair and brown eyes. My family is of an Irish, French and Spanish origin. I'm olive skinned, dark brown hair but light light blue eyes.

I (hope) baby has his/her dads eye colour and olive skin.

♥ Isla Rae Due August 28th

(24.11.15)
December 28th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I am a huge mix of things (scottish, swedish, spanish, irish, native american, etc.) So I guess I'm just "white" lol... Some people tell me I look slightly Asian though, which is weird because I don't have any in me at all. My SO is from Malta so he's very Greek looking. I think we'll have a pretty baby but I'm sure I'm biased
December 31st, 2015, 12:51 PM
I'm "white", Irish-Scottish-German-French-Cherokee and Ukranian,lol. Hubby is 1/2 Armenian and 1/2 Scotch-Irish-German. I'm very pale, blue eyes, light brown hair. He has lighter olive tone skin, black hair, brown eyes. Our daughter has some of his facial features but has my coloring. I'm hoping baby #2 has dark hair and brown eyes
December 31st, 2015, 01:38 PM
ericacencinas's Avatar Veteran
Full Hispanic
We both haveligjt skin and dark hair with big eyes
January 1st, 2016, 08:40 AM
Veteran
such beautiful little ones! My 3-year-old daughter is from a different father. I had to leave him shortly after she was born due to finding out he was messing with opiates WHILE I WAS PREGNANT. It was a ****** situation. Anyway, she is half white and half Latina (dad is Mexican), but she has my blue eyes. She looked VERY Latina when she was born... looked like I walked out of the hospital with some other family's baby! -But now she looks just like me, just a little more tan. This baby's father and I have been together for 2 years, and although he is part Latino (not quite half), and I'm part Venezuelan (also not quite half), I think this baby will likely look pretty white.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search