Anyone bring other kids to delivery room?

Forum: February 2018 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By QueenSamantha
  • 1 Post By jellibeen5
  • 1 Post By Libby22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2018 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
I know each hospital will have different policies but anyone bring another child with? I don't want my son there for the pushing part or anything but labor can be so long...and my son isn't used to being away from me. He is really well behaved and would prolly watch videos most of the time. Thoughts?
January 5th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Veteran
Ask your son. My labor will be in the bedroom. We only have one bathroom, and itís.... you guessed it! In the bedroom, lol. My kids donít mind labor, so far, and they are super excited about the upcoming birth. I think if they are awake they will be pretty involved. At least till I get cranky in transition. 😊
Sassalota and jellibeen5 like this.
January 11th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Veteran
I'm not exactly planning on having my daughter there for the birth but our plan is to bring her with us to the hospital and hand her off to my MIL once she arrives. She lives about an hour away. I am hoping to have an epidural and I really think my daughter would be just fine watching my iPhone (she's 3). As long as I don't scare her, which as long as I have an epi should be OK... ha. Anyway, I'm not opposed to having her there however it's just my back up plan.
Sassalota likes this.

#1 8/13/14
#2 1/31/18

January 12th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
with my son i didnt what my girls there, at time they were 4 and 5
Sassalota likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP blighted ovum 8 WEEKS 2017
January 18th, 2018, 03:43 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
My daughter won't be there until after the birth. But they only let in 1 other person for a C/S at the hospital I am delivering at anyhow.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Rtrval 10/31/13 2embryos on 5d - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - Rtrval 4/4/14 (4 eggs) Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14..BFN.

Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

January 23rd, 2018, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are only allowed two people. I have a feeling, kids are not allowed. I wouldn't invite my boys anyway. I just haven't reached the comfort level of explaining to them how the kids come out. We just say we go to the hospital and the doctors take it out. Either way, DH and my doula will be in the room. I think my kids would be too distracting too as the younger 2 are all over the place and older 2 are hit or miss.

MMC 2007, DS 2008, DS 2010, DS 2012, DS 2015, MC 2017 BFP 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search