Any home birth/natural birth moms in here?

Forum: March 2018 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2018 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2017, 10:04 AM
jillmarie's Avatar Veteran
No judgement on hospital moms!! I'm just terrified of hospitals and needles
I had my first son at home after 36 hrs labor. What an adventure!

My second son was a water birth in a birth center. I asked my midwife if I could deliver him myself, so when the time came, she stepped back and I delivered my ten pound baby boy. It was incredible and so hard. 37 hr labor.

I'm already dreading a potential very long and very hard labor. But still planning a birth center birth if I can convince my partner to be on board. He's pretty adamant that we should be in a hospital.

July 30th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not - third c section happening here, but I think it is amazing you are and would have loved to have been able to do that with my first. Hopefully your partner will come around

July 31st, 2017, 06:25 AM
Wowwww! Go you! I had natural births at a hospital with a midwife! With babies numbers 1 and 2 (though they were 7 pounders and my longest labor was 16 hours) and I'm currently thinking back and wondering if I'll be crazy enough to do it again (maybe even home birth)? Thankfully I've got time to decide!
July 31st, 2017, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I so desperately wish I could have a home birth but it feels like all the cards are against me history of diabetes, had pre eclampsia with my second baby, and because my last baby was 9#9 a lot of local practices are very weary o taking on patients who had babies "large for gestational age" but yea because of the history it wouldn't happen anyway. That being said my OB is amazing with my third baby I spent hours researching where to go and choose her because she had a C section with her first and went for a 36 hour all natural VBAC with her second. She has a very holistic approach and is very supportive of natural progression of labor, no unnecessary interventions and she works well with the perintologist who will oversee my high risk care she keeps them on track and tells them to buzz off if they bother me too much. The hospital she delivers at is also amazing only one here locally besides the navy base (they suck hard core was seen on base for baby 2 they tried to kill us) that has the baby friendly rating. I will be able to labor in the shower again and pretty much call them when I'm ready to push that's pretty much what we did with #3 lol. So all in all I want as natural as possible but that won't be a home birth or birth center. It will be at a hospital, but after my last birth with this dr I can't wait!! best birth by far!!

August 2nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Home birth isn't an option in ireland (unless you have Ä10,000 in spare cash and are low risk) so I had both my babies in hospital but both were natural deliveries with the only medication I received was numbing injection to my foo foo right before an episiotomy for my son (It Didn't fecking work). I'm hoping for another natural delivery this time, although I won't say no to a bit of gas and air if it's going

Edited to add that my son was a 25 hour labour and my daughter was 3 hours start to finish - with that in mind I may get my home birth after all if this little one decides to break her sisters record!

Last edited by newmommysarah; August 2nd, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
August 10th, 2017, 02:21 PM
ChibiCheekies16's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be looking into another HB for baby. We delivered our DS at home and it was a beautiful experience. He was 9# and labor was less than 6hrs.
August 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
i just told dd 4 and dd 5 at the time mum had a baby in her tummy

oops wrong post lol

My Ovulation Chart
August 17th, 2017, 06:01 PM
bethysfirst1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried non-medicated with my daughter, but also had a looooong labor. My exhaustion led me to an epidural so I could get a few hours of sleep.

My second, I got the epidural and 4 hours later he was born.

This one I also plan to have a natural medicated birth. I love that I am pain free but able to feel the baby move within my body. I am aware of the birth in a different way than non-medicated moms are. I have been super relaxed for the births. I think both experiences have something to offer, but I am happy with my choices.
August 17th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Jacks_mama's Avatar Regular
Nope! Kudos to you though. I ended up after 27hrs having a c-section because baby's heart rate was dipping dangerously low with each contraction but this one I hope to have a VBAC. A medicated vbac

January 27th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Looks like I have to go all natural im a little scared!
February 13th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Iím peeking over from February board here since LO may run this much late! Iím a homebirther this will be #4 at home all natural, longest labor was 52 hrs and shortest 4.5, babies were 8.6, 10.9, and 10.6. I hope you get to have your babe in the safety of your home, Iím terrified of hospitals too! My labor stalls out when I get nervous or stressed, so only way to avoid c/s is home lol. Iíll be with a midwife and my husband. Keep up with good nutrition!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search