Sharing The News

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2018

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2018 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
When are you planning on sharing the baby news with everyone? Do you know how you'll announce?

With our first two, we pretty much told our immediate families as soon as we got obvious lines. This time though, with our daughter being older, we're going to wait a little bit longer. Ideally, I would have waited until after the first ultrasound at 8 weeks, but my whole family will be getting together for our annual camping trip next weekend, so we can't pass up that opportunity. And I know she'll love getting to go to the appointment to see the baby.

We'll tell the kids the night before. Our daughter is really into drawing family portraits right now, so I'm thinking I'll draw one to show her that will have me with a baby in my belly and big sister and big brother shirts on the kids. We'll see if she can figure it out! Then I'll let her announce to my family once we're all together at the campground. My husband's family is not local, so we'll have to video chat with them and we'll probably let her share the news again once we get home that weekend.

For everyone else, we'll wait until after the appointment on the 24th. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do just yet. Maybe something with pumpkins, since it's that season. Now fingers crossed she'll be able to hold in the secret for that week without telling everyone she sees! haha
Lyndsey2013 likes this.
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

October 5th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar expecting in June 2018
I love the pumpkin idea!

We have told a few close friends and family. Mostly we are waiting until the ultrasound next Friday to disclose to everyone else. I haven't thought of any cute ways to share; I never did much for the other two.

This will most likely be our last, so I just want to tell everyone right away. We've had kids before, so it's not anything super new or unexpected. I hate keeping secrets too . Our first we waited until I was like 20 weeks and knew the gender... the second, I couldn't even say, probably around 12/13 weeks. Once we are assured everything is good and have a set due date, then I want to get word out. It's too exciting not to share!

Also, my muscles really remember being pregnant and I'm going to be showing much sooner this time around. When I relax my muscles there's no hiding the shape this bloat is taking on. I know it's not baby, but it's shaped enough that people would think it is.
expecting live baby #3! DUE 6/2/18

October 6th, 2017, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey2013 View Post
I love the pumpkin idea!

We have told a few close friends and family. Mostly we are waiting until the ultrasound next Friday to disclose to everyone else. I haven't thought of any cute ways to share; I never did much for the other two.

This will most likely be our last, so I just want to tell everyone right away. We've had kids before, so it's not anything super new or unexpected. I hate keeping secrets too . Our first we waited until I was like 20 weeks and knew the gender... the second, I couldn't even say, probably around 12/13 weeks. Once we are assured everything is good and have a set due date, then I want to get word out. It's too exciting not to share!

Also, my muscles really remember being pregnant and I'm going to be showing much sooner this time around. When I relax my muscles there's no hiding the shape this bloat is taking on. I know it's not baby, but it's shaped enough that people would think it is.
This is our last as well and I hear you on the popping sooner. By the end of the day, this bloat is out of control! Definitely won't be able to hide it for long.
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

October 6th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think this is our last as well. I don't want to share too early, but I'm excited and want to tell everyone. We'll probably tell our families around 8 weeks (a month from now), and more people closer to 12 weeks. I'm not sure how we'll tell them, we're not near any of them, so maybe a cute picture of our two kids holding a baby something...
October 8th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I love all your idea!

If things go smoothly, we will not share for quite a bit. Due to my age (39) and other factors, we are not expecting to have anyone be really excited for us, so we are thinking early Feb.
October 9th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetkoala View Post
I love all your idea!

If things go smoothly, we will not share for quite a bit. Due to my age (39) and other factors, we are not expecting to have anyone be really excited for us, so we are thinking early Feb.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

October 9th, 2017, 02:15 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3Three is company too<3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I'm not sure anymore. Originally, the plan was to wait to tell everybody until after the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks because of our losses (the last pregnancy we had, the people we told were not happy for us. They all had a "well, we'll see." Attitude, which breaks a mama's heart. If they won't be excited with us, I don't want to share until we know baby will be healthy.) But now hubby has changed his mind. He wants to tell his parents in a week or so, when they come home from their vacation. I am civil with his parents, but we don't exactly get along, so I don't like that idea, but he may just tell them anyway. We will have to see. :/
October 13th, 2017, 06:45 AM
We told our kids about the baby last night and as I knew she would be, my daughter is absolutely thrilled! She kept squealing and saying "I can't believe it"! Then while we were reading her bedtime book she put her hand on my belly and said I'm just going to cry! Our little guy of course had no idea what we were talking about and kept repeating "what's the surprise?" lol. It feels so good to have the secret out a bit. Next up is telling our families this weekend!

October 13th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've told a few close friends and family... by which I mean I told a couple very close friends, and my hubby's been running his mouth and telling everyone...

I haven't planned how I'm gonna tell people yet, but I'm hoping I can hide it long enough to tell people around Christmas. I'm afraid I'll start showing too soon to keep it in that long, though. I'm already so bloated, lol. :|
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)
Miscarriage 11/17

October 13th, 2017, 01:27 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3Three is company too<3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Bit of an update from me, but we told our kids on Tuesday after the ultrasound. My son was starting to get worried with the nausea and momma constantly being sick, he was afraid something was really wrong. I had a little plushy holding the ultrasound picture, waiting for him when he got home from school. He was so excited!!!! He asked if we could name the baby King. Lol.

Sadie (30) breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping mama to
Killian
(6), Wren
Phoenix (3), Fox
Kraken
and due with our rainbow 6/2/18 or 6/4, depends who you ask
October 19th, 2017, 10:36 AM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
My DH has told everyone he sees, even random people in store. He already told his Dad. I haven't told anyone yet. I told one person at work just in case anything were to happen and I had to leave work abruptly. We plan on telling our girls when we're 12 weeks, I'm trying to figure out a fun way to tell them. I'm going to tell my parents next weekend. This is our last baby, and I don't think anyone was expecting us to go for a third. It'll be interesting to hear family members reactions.

Feb 2012
October 19th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Nayna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom knows because I took the test at her house (we were traveling). Some of my other JM buddies from my sons DDC know. My best friend and another good friend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search