What get's you through morning sickness

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2018

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Libby22
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2018 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Have morning sickness?
I wouldn't call mine morning sickness though. It gets stronger as the day goes on so its the worst at night before bedtime. What gets me through are popsicles... or malt drinks which I freeze a few hours beforehand. Other things I tried which minimal effect:
Cherrios, chips, sandwiches, lemon drops, ice drinks, warm honey lemon drink

I miss good food
April 16th, 2018, 06:04 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in to say sorry you're going through this! It is definitely miserable. I've had it to varying degrees with all of my pregnancies, and sometimes nothing seemed to help.

I tried ginger with my first pregnancy, and it did seem to help some, but I quickly grew to hate it, and couldn't tolerate it.

Peppermint--like, strong peppermint--is sometimes helpful.

Eating protein theoretically helps, but I never actually had much relief from it.

Accupressure/Sea-bands might have helped me a tiny bit, but maybe only to take the edge off.

In the end, I needed meds to help me function. I took Zofran in all of my pregnancies, and with #1 (which was the worst), I also took Reglan in the 2nd trimester. I tried the Vitamin B6/Unisom combo with this pregnancy, and it didn't help much.

Glad popsicles are helping you, and hope you have some relief soon!

April 18th, 2018, 01:03 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Glad popsicles are helping you, and hope you have some relief soon!
Thank you~! Oh and pickles! I just found out pickles help me a bit too Seabands helped some during #1 but doesn't help much now
April 19th, 2018, 06:19 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! Im jumping on -waiting for the Dec group to start as I JUST got a BFP the last 3 days- but my nausea has kept me in bed most of the last 5 days. It's SO bad! Im not actually throwing up, but basically if im not actively ingesting something, it's there!
April 19th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post
Hi! Im jumping on -waiting for the Dec group to start as I JUST got a BFP the last 3 days- but my nausea has kept me in bed most of the last 5 days. It's SO bad! Im not actually throwing up, but basically if im not actively ingesting something, it's there!
Congratulations on your bfp! Yeah, the first week is the worst when it hits you the first time. Then the rest of the weeks feels like rote...somewhat
April 20th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Trying to drink more water
Hope that works well for you! I can't drink water unless its reaaaally cold. Like, water-from-the-fridge-added-ice cold. I read somewhere sometimes its the temperature of the food or drink that worsens nausea and that's true for me
Fresh air is good too. I smell anything bad (even my hair unwashed for 2 days smells gross to me now) and I want to hurl

Last edited by Pinkachoo; April 20th, 2018 at 11:01 PM.
April 29th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
pregie pops
Pinkachoo likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
May 2nd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Super Mommy
Lemon water helped alot. FOrtunatley now at 12 weeks I am through the worst of it but the reflux has started. UGH! Now trying to figure out what to do for that.
May 4th, 2018, 12:10 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAgirlintexas View Post
Lemon water helped alot. FOrtunatley now at 12 weeks I am through the worst of it but the reflux has started. UGH! Now trying to figure out what to do for that.
Ugh reflex.... I tried papaya during my last pregnancy. It helped for some time but then not

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search