Birthed but..

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2018

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinkachoo
  • 1 Post By Libby22
  • 1 Post By Pinkachoo
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2018 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2018, 12:36 AM
Veteran
Still stuck at the hospital coz they won't discharge us until DD's blood culture results turns up negative. I wanna go home

I don't know why they did a test in the first place, probably because DD's weight fell by 12% (10% was the approved minimum loss) but after a few days of breastfeeding, pumping and top up formula, she's only now down by 9% and her sugar levels are normal. But they said they still need to wait for the blood results since they've already submitted it to the lab

Will update again soonest
November 29th, 2018, 02:22 AM
Veteran
Finally free!

First thing's first.... DD was born 19-11-2018 at 11.20am. I hate the catheter, epidural was awesome and the surgical team was wonderful:

1. The anesthetist patted my head when he saw how nervous I was

2. One of the doctors saw how bad I looked when they started sticking their hands in me and found out that I wanted to puke and she and another person helped me spit it out. She said that I should tell them if I didn't feel well but I didn't at that time coz I was too busy trying not to barf

3. Compared to when I had DS, I was asked if I needed my glasses to see the baby after she was out. They let me keep it instead instead of taking it away before asking and I get to see DD before and after they put her on my chest to suckle from me a bit

When DS was born, he cried for a bit and then slept the remaining of the surgery. DD cried looooong and haaaaaard until the end of the surgery.

One of the drs asked if I had anything removed during my 1st CS like a cyst or something but I said no. I thought it was odd they took a while rummaging in there when the baby was already out

The rest was ok until the epi wore off. Stitches hurt and it was tough controlling my bladder. I had to shuffle quickly to the loo before I peed in my panties and one time I didn't make it to the loo because it was occupied but managed to u-turn to the shower room to let it out At least the catheter was out.

Another problem was that I wasn't producing enough BM that DD weight fell 12% from her original weight (the minimum loss was 10%). On the 3rd day, they admitted DD in SCBU for 24 hours to get her weight back up. I had to traipse up and down from my room to her cot in SCBU to visit and feed her that my stitches started hurting again after they got better. It was the first time I had to ask for painkillers before the midwives could prompt me for my 4-hourly dose.

When they released DD, her weight was up to 2.3kg. I managed to get it up to 2.34kg with bf (I realised DD would quickly fall asleep if she feeds directly from me and would kick up a fuss if I try to wake her up. So I would pump and feed her with a cup) and formula. Two days after I got DD back, sis's friend offered her stock of BM coz her son wouldn't feed if it wasn't from her directly. I accepted coz it eliminates the hassle of asking the midwives for some formula because even though it was under the pediatrician's order that I top up DD's feeding with 30ml of formula every three hours, a few of the midwives were strongly pro-BM that they'd delay giving me the formula on purpose but most of them were understanding because all they needed to do is feel up my boobs after I finished pumping/feeding and feeling how limp they got compared to before hahaha

A week after DD's birth, her weight, sugar level and jaundice was in control but they still wouldn't let us go because DD's blood culture results haven't come in yet. And I kept asking until they stopped trying to give me an expected time because they could see how frustrated I was :/

But FINALLY on day 10, late in the afternoon, the results came in and quickly we settled what's left of the billing and left asap to home

Btw, DD's name is Dinah. Yes, I caved and stuck to one of the names that I liked that DH chose originally. Welcome to the family Dinah

Libby22 likes this.

Last edited by Pinkachoo; November 29th, 2018 at 02:55 AM.
December 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
yay for getting your baby. congrats. sorry hear was hard work xx
Pinkachoo likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
December 8th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby22 View Post
yay for getting your baby. congrats. sorry hear was hard work xx
Thank u, Libby!
Libby22 likes this.