Sibling jealousy

Forum: November 2018 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2018 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
Veteran
OMG, Dibs is so jealous with the attention Dinah is getting from his favourite people: Me, DH & the babysitter.

He also can't tolerate her crying because he'd be up from whatever he's doing and pulling at her to make her stop. Once, the baby was crying on the bed & as DH and I were busy trying to get the connecting window to the other room to open, I suddenly turned and saw Dibs was tugging Dinah's leg to pull her towards the edge of the bed. I shrieked because she was already so close the the edge and he instantly played possum while I thanked the Lord above that I got to the baby in time. I nearly cried when I thought what would've happened if I didn't

From then on, we made sure the baby won't be left alone with Dibs and even if we were there with her, that he not be close to her coz he'd make these moves that we know that he'd want to do something to her like tug on her leg or in one instance, drip water on her from his water bottle. True, Dinah cries so much compared to when Dibs was as young as her. He was an easy baby to take care of but this second one cries A LOT. Luckily, I think her crying is so freaking cute or I'd be so stressed

Dibs appointment with the child development unit will be near the end of this month. His first audio test didn't go well. He was too afraid of the noises that the test was rendered null so they asked that he come again the second time and that they'd need to sedate him a bit so he'd get less tense. Poor baby
I can't wait for school to start. I have high hopes that the place we got him into will be more equipped than his previous school in teaching him and myself how he can socially interact in a proper way. However.... the focus teacher was supposed to contact the parent before the end of December and it's already the new year. I already messaged the school's group chat but still haven't received a reply yet

Last edited by Pinkachoo; January 3rd, 2019 at 09:07 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search