Had my baby!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By andbabymakes6
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2018 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had quite an exciting birth. We are team green, but I was thinking boy #5 over here. I was 41w2d and my water broke around 10am. Nothing really happened except for some random contractions here and there. Around 4pm, my doula called to get an update and still nothing. Around 5, I was having some here and there. Around 6 I was having contractions every few minutes, but they were all over the place with spacing and length and I called my doula and she said it was probably just practice since they werenít regular. I waited another hour and they were sooooo painful so I called my doula again and said I canít do this and I want drugs. She asked me about timing and I said I didnít know, but had 4 while on the phone with her. We decided I should go to the hospital. So hubby got everything squared away and we headed over. I basically ran to the car between contractions since I knew I had little time. I donít even know how long it took us to get to the hospital or how many contractions I had. They basically just kept coming and seemed to never stop. At one point I had a lot of pressure in my pants and tried to sit on my butt as I was fearing the baby was coming, but had no idea since no one had looked and this never happened before for me. It was only my second true labor and my first lasted over 12 hours. We get to the hospital and hubby double parks to take me in with a wheelchair, thank god. We check in and Iím fighting the pain and the baby coming. We wait for the elevator and get upstairs. There is a nurse waiting and they take me to a room right away. I tell them I have pressure and think I need to push. They get me out of my pants and on the bed and Iím wondering the whole time what I am cm wise. Then Iím just like I have to push and the one nurse said to get the doctor and basically my body just pushed the baby out right on the bed. The nurse was like, sheís out! Iím like, no thatís not right! I was expecting a boy! So, our first little girl arrived after 4 hours of intense labor, barely making it to the bed, on 2/11 at 10:07pm. She is 7lb15oz and 21inches. One day shy of my oldest sonís birthday which is today. We had quite an exciting evening. As soon as she was cleaned up and all done, hubby passed out from the excitement. While it was fast, it was way too intense for me and not something Iíd like to repeat. We had no name and we have no clothes since I didnít expect a girl. We did settle on Michaela Abigail for her name. Iíll post a pic.
Libby22 likes this.
February 12th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! I am glad you and baby had a healthy delivery. It seems like it went so fast you didn't have time to think. Wow!
February 12th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Veteran
Wow! Congratulations! My 4.5 hr labor was too intense for me last time too, glad baby made it safe 🙂 that is so exciting! Beautiful name too 💕
February 18th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I keep trying to post a picture but it’s not working
Libby22 likes this.

MMC 2007, DS 2008, DS 2010, DS 2012, DS 2015, MC 2017 BFP 2017

February 18th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
OMG congrats glad you got your girl

your be shopping big time now

My Ovulation Chart
March 11th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby22 View Post
OMG congrats glad you got your girl

your be shopping big time now
Thanks! We have been buying things here and there. Everything is pretty cute. Iím trying to make sure we use it all. We donít plan to have any more now. Hope youíre doing well!
December 31st, 2018, 05:10 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm in my 4th now another boy

My Ovulation Chart
March 1st, 2019, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby22 View Post
I'm in my 4th now another boy

Omg! Just saw this! Congrats!
Libby22 likes this.
March 12th, 2019, 05:56 PM