Silly CM question?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Twin Mama
OK, so I have a silly question. How much stretchy CM is enough to be considered fertile?

Earlier in my cycle I had what I call strings of stretchy CM, most of it was wet or creamy but I had little pieces of stretchy/slippery CM, so I marked that as stretchy. Is this right?

This morning I had a dime sized glob of EWCM, so I marked it. But my chart now has a lot of days with highly fertile CM, that doesn't seem totally accurate. I am thinking I should note the amount of CM, so if its strings note it?

How many days of EWCM, Lube feeling before ovulation is OK... TCOYF thinks CD 17 will be O day... that's a long ways from now and if this EWCM keeps up... IDK it just seems wrong.

I am already feeling down about this months possibility of an O... My temps seem good I think, I have a cover line and they are lower than they were at the beginning of last month. But I'm just waiting for it to go up to 98.1 1 day and back down or something and throw the whole chart off. I hope I'm wrong but then again, I am going to Vegas for my company Christmas party this weekend so sleep and alcohol may ruin a chance of seeing ovulation. Maybe I won't drink or stay up late just so I can see an O spike. Geez thats bad.

Last month if I didn't have that 98.5 I think I might have been able to say I O'ed even if TCOYF didn't, but then again I had quite a few adjusted temps.

December 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stretchability doesn't determine if CM is fertile or not, ALL CM is potentially fertile until proven otherwise (figuring out if a particular type is CM is actually your infertile discharge takes 3 cycles). That includes sticky or moist or tacky or cloudy or clear or stretchy or absolutely any kind of CM you notice! It's all considered fertile when you first start charting!

The color or consistency of it also isn't as important as how wet the CM makes you feel when you walk around. The more wet and slippery you feel (sensation), the more fertile you are.

Every woman is different, so try not to have expectations about what your body should or shouldn't be doing. This is especially true because you are so fresh off of hormonal BC. Your body will do what it needs to do, so be patient with yourself while your body tries to sort itself out again after the BC! Just keep tracking whatever you feel and happen to see, the pattern will reveal itself.

If there are any instructors near you, I think you might also really benefit from the one on one support to have a better understanding of what your CM patterns mean for you.
December 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My CM is often stretchy, but is it sticky stretchy or real silky stretchy is how I think about it. The silky stretchy is not normally "stringy" IMO, and the silky stretchy is the one that feels wet and slippery for me, so it is the one that means fertile for me.

December 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Twin Mama
I will look for a FAM instructor around here, I have looked at the info posted here and while helpful, quite a few of them are not secular. I am ideally looking for a secular FAM instructor.

I was under the impression stretchy was more fertile than creamy or cloudy. I guess I was charting on the most fertile stuff I saw, some bits of stretchy so I logged stretchy, even if it was in cloudy CM. I am cramping and feeling more and more slippery as the days go by so that's good. Only time will tell.

I believe I touched what I think is my cervix today, I have tried to monitor CP but I am going blind. But I touched something dome-ish and soft. I couldn't feel an 'opening' per say but I felt a divit that could be the opening. I didnt feel it earlier in my cycle, and it seemed that when I squished it a bit with my fingers, I got some very stretchy 2 inch CM. So, maybe that's my cervix, its awful small. That is the hardest thing about charting, I can't seem to understand it, I wish I could touch a fake one to see what I'm looking for. I'll see if at some point I can't feel that squishy nub any more, maybe that will give me more info to track.

Thanks ladies.

December 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
I will look for a FAM instructor around here, I have looked at the info posted here and while helpful, quite a few of them are not secular. I am ideally looking for a secular FAM instructor.
You may be surprised to find that even if classes are run out of church or religious organization, the content is strictly biology. There may be a religious reason for why the group embraces respect for fertility, but that's not really the point of a charting how-to class. Fertility works the same whether you have religious or secular reasons for wanting to understand it.

If any of these are the organizations you've found locally, maybe it would help to know what their classes include?
The Couple to Couple League teaches a combo of biology/theology.
The Creighton Model (Fertility Care) and Billings Ovulation Method teach biology only.
Northwest Family Services teaches biology only.
Serena teaches biology only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
I was under the impression stretchy was more fertile than creamy or cloudy.
It is more fertile, but that doesn't mean creamy or cloudy are infertile. Any kind of CM can keep sperm cells alive up to 5 days in your body, so it has to be treated as fertile.

Don't stress too much about the cervix. That's an optional sign anyway. There's no harm in just really learning to get the hang of tracking CM and then adding in the cervix sign later if you feel you need it. Checking internally can mess up your CM observations and make it all more confusing while you learn anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search