My introduction

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Regular
Hey everyone,

My name is Danielle. I'm 27 and my husband and I are currently expecting our 3rd child.

We started using NFP when we got married in 2000.

First, we read through "The Art of Natural Family Planning" and used that to avoid for the first year of marriage. I really really hated taking my temperature and found that method rather bogged down with lots of rules. Eventually we slacked off on our charting as we moved on to TTC our first daughter, Theresa.

After Theresa, we wanted to conceive again fairly soon, so my period returned at around 9 months post partum and we conceived the next cycle after that. That's our boy, Lex.

After Lex was born, we were really freaked about getting pregnant again. I wasn't interested in using TAONFP again because I didn't like that method. We started using a saliva monitor, which was pretty useless. Then I found the Ovacue ovulation monitor. Basically, it only worked if you had very normal cycles and would not deal very well with any cycle that had a delayed ovulation. After that, I was cycling normally again and found out about Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Tkaing my temperature at that point was easier because my baby was sleeping through the night regularly. I also liked the online charting part. I also added ovulation tests to the mix and basically used myself as a human science experiment.

Soon after that, I found Shawna online and we remembered each other as our husbands went to school together. She told me about the Billings Ovulation Method. I couldn't find an instructor nearby, so I signed up for the next Teacher Training workshop for the Billings Ovulation Method.

At the workshop, I not only learned the method, but left with a job with our local Billings organization and the hopes of becoming a teacher at some point.

We had effectively used the Billings method to avoid pregnancy from the workshop date until 9 months later when we decided to TTC.

ETA: We love the Billings method because it is simple to apply, doesn't require temping (my temp rises 4 days after my Billings identified peak usually), it can take me through achieving pregnancy, avoiding pregnancy, dealing with stress cycles and eventually entering perimenopause using the SAME 4 rules. In short, I think it's awesome. /billings advertisement!

We are now expecting our 3rd child on January 22, 2008.

That's our story!
August 6th, 2007, 12:15 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good to see you Danielle!
August 6th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Regular
Quote:
Good to see you Danielle![/b]

Hi Shawna!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search