Poverty in the Middle Class

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Poverty in the Middle Class
Ha! never. 7 35.00%
This year 7 35.00%
Last year 4 20.00%
A few years ago 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/03/Dobbs.Oct4/index.html

In the pay raise question, that's within the SAME company... not taking a better job at another company.
October 4th, 2006, 04:34 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL. I paid for every penny of college but I didn't graduate and I only went to junior college for $11 per unit. ($33-$44/class)

I do own my home and dh just got a pay increase this year.

October 4th, 2006, 05:56 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
We own our home, have insurance...
I had scholarships and grants for college, but we are paying for every dime of dh's schooling...
3-4% pay raise HA!
October 4th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We own our own home, I have insurance. I answered that I had financial aid, but I'm paying it all back so I'm not sure how to answer that one really. I have only gotten large raises when I change companies, which is the norm for my career field.

October 4th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Veteran
it's sad isn't it?? You know that this doesn't surprise me at all - disappointing yes, but surprising no!

October 4th, 2006, 09:07 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had some scholarships, but my parents paid for the rest of my college.
We do not have a house yet...hoping to buy one sometime in 2007.
I have never gotten a raise for inflation, but they did do a "market adjustment" and raised my salary, just because they saw that other hospitals were paying more. Most of my co-workers did not get this...I only did because I was at the very bottom of the pay scale. And I got a merit raise...I want to say around 2%.

October 4th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we own our house, and we thankfully have health insurance even though its expensive (one of the reasons we can't afford for me to stay home). I voted on the raise this year, but that's only because I got a promotion at the same place, otherwise it would be about 1% per year and at DH's job - yeah right!!! They make promises that raises will be "on next month's agenda" - every month. It's so sad - he's a degreed social worker that works with people on food stamps, getting out of jail etc, yet most of the people that work there have to go on food stamps themself.

October 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I paid for part of college, have no insurance not even medicaid....
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search