Log In Sign Up

Possible ADHD.

Forum: Children With ADHD


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,470
I am serioulsy thinking of getting my son tested, I've always been one of those parents who thought their child was just super active and all body, but lately, after reading up on ADHD, I've realized my son has ALL the symptoms.. I know there are several options that you can try W/O medication, but I'd also like to know exactly how to go about getting him tested, just to make sure if this is it, or if in fact, it is just him being a normal, exessively hyperactive child.

Do pediatricians test for this? Or Does it have to be done elsewhere? Also, is anyone using Omega 3 fish oils to help with this if its in your family at all.

Thanks so much!


I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

Reply With Quote
December 9th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,869
I'd discuss it with his pediatrician. The doc will either test him or refer you to someone for testing. My sons pediatrician wanted to treat it himself with meds. But I wasnt sure I wanted to do meds so he referred me to a childrens mental health clinic where he at first received counseling but eventually he saw their phych. doctor and got meds after all.
Reply With Quote
December 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 82,834
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I would start with the ped also, see what they say. I had my oldest tested and diagnosed through a psych but that was because of the insurance at the time. Austin was diagnosed though is regular DR who I also happen to work for.
But definitley starting with your ped is a good place to start.
Good luck!

Reply With Quote
December 27th, 2009, 10:09 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roberts, Wisconsin
Posts: 14,802
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Ditto to the other girls. Talk with the Ped about it then if he/she thinks it's a good idea for him to be tested they can refer you to a psychologist or specialist.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0