Log In Sign Up


Forum: Cesarean Section Birth


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Posts: n/a
My due date is April 12th, and I have scheduled my section for that morning.

Do you think this is unwise and risky to wait? The thought of going into labor after having 2 sections scares me. What would you do? I would like her to stay in as long as possible but I don't want to find myself in a dangerous situation.
Reply With Quote
November 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,014
My Ob group prefers to schedule c sections for as close to 39 weeks as possible, their said that your chances of going into labor are less.

Did you go into labor on your own at all?
Donna - Mom to David and Asher

Reply With Quote
November 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Posts: n/a
I did with my first and she was 4 days past due. Kaylee was sched 4 days before my duedate. (Chloe is my stepdaughter )
Reply With Quote
December 1st, 2011, 12:35 AM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 1,591
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
my csection is scheduled at 39 weeks exactly.

Reply With Quote
December 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,263
Since I don't seem to go into labor (DD was induced and still didn't want to come out!) my OB is okay with me waiting until 39 weeks 6 days to have my c/s. It really depends on the OB and your experience.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,693
I agree that it depends on your OB. I would think that if he/she thought there would be a risk he would have scheduled it sooner?? I completely understand wanting to let your baby cook as long as she needs to. I have my repeat scheduled 3 days before my EDD.
Jessi, wife to Aaron (10/02/04), mom to Madilyn (4/01/09) and Lyla (02/01/12)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0