temping at night

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Miles
Am I the only one who does this? Have you noticed your temps higher? Mine are up to 99 degrees and that is really HIGH for me! Do you think it means anything or should I just not give up hope?
I have 3 fans running in the living room where I am, and also I am doing nothing but on the comp!
August 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure if it represents anything or not. I do it sometimes in the TWW just because it is something to do.

Maybe I should start now, before the TWW and see if there is a noticable difference after.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I am a temping freak.. and I noticed last cycle my temps were crazy high in the afternoon. But then AF came... so I don't know if it really means anything? Because another girl was doing that same thing and she made it to April DDC.

August 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last cycle, while I was having all that spotting it was a little higher. But there were some days, it would be like 99.3 and then drop down to 97.7 like one hour later, and I wasn't doing anything.

I think our bodies just like to mess with us. lol

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
August 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Veteran
I also notice that if I breathe harder when I take my temp, it will give a higher number. Today I temp at 7.30am and it was 97.6 and for fun I took it again at 10.30am and it was 98.1. But sometimes the temp will drop when I take it later on in the day .

When I reach for my thermometer on the bedside table, if I exert some force, it will also make the temp higher. So I'd try to relax and let my body calm down abit before putting the thermometer in my mouth. Is there a standard or correct way to temp?

Me: Elaine (36)
DH: Richie (35)
TTC #1: 5 years (with PCOS, reoccurring fibroids, endometriosis, fluid in uterine cavity)
TTC history: 3 surgeries - myomectomy ('04), laparoscopy ('06), hysteroscopy ('07). 8 cycles of clomid/serophene, puregon; 2 cycles of IUI; 1 cycle of IVF, 1 more frozen emby for FET. Currently taking a break from western medicine and going for weekly acupuncture treatment and taking Chinese herbs. Praying for a miracle baby.
August 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
from what I understand: best time is early morning when you get up, and after you have had at least 3 hours of sleep. Best way is orally or vaginally, and at the same time everyday, with the same BBT...since you have learnt that different things affect your temp, may be the best thing would be to relax all through the cycle to ensure you get hte same accuracy and nothng manipulates the results.
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
August 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Miles
I do take my temps same time every day at 7am after I have 3 hours of sleep or more. I was just playing around and curious about the night temps!
August 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I do take my temps same time every day at 7am after I have 3 hours of sleep or more. I was just playing around and curious about the night temps![/b]
i was actually hesitant in replying as I thought you were pulling our brains... but then again...I fell for it!!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
August 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Miles
LOL no its ok hun, I was just curious this was the first cycle where I temped when I was doing nothing at night.
August 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I have checked my temps at night and i do find they are higher then they are in the mornings. I was actually going to post something about this but forgot

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search