Is anyone using Ovusoft to chart?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Veteran
Is anyone using Ovusoft to chart? I just started using it as a backup and I find it very useful because it shows the fertile phase clearly. I've been checking other charts and it shows an "egg" at the date but there's none on mine. Is that feature available for paying members only? Is it worth to pay for Ovusoft? It is also a one time fee, right?

Please stalk my Ovusoft chart. Thx. Hoping to hear some comments from ya'll.

Me: Elaine (36)
DH: Richie (35)
TTC #1: 5 years (with PCOS, reoccurring fibroids, endometriosis, fluid in uterine cavity)
TTC history: 3 surgeries - myomectomy ('04), laparoscopy ('06), hysteroscopy ('07). 8 cycles of clomid/serophene, puregon; 2 cycles of IUI; 1 cycle of IVF, 1 more frozen emby for FET. Currently taking a break from western medicine and going for weekly acupuncture treatment and taking Chinese herbs. Praying for a miracle baby.
August 10th, 2007, 10:04 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have another high temp tomorrow it will give you a nest with an egg on CD 13.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 10th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Veteran
Hmmm, I input 3 cycles in ovusoft and none of them gave me a nest with an egg. I'm beginning to suspect it is for paying members only. I'll wait till tomorrow, hopefully the egg sign comes on.

TTC #1: 5 years (with PCOS, reoccurring fibroids, endometriosis, fluid in uterine cavity)
TTC history: 3 surgeries - myomectomy ('04), laparoscopy ('06), hysteroscopy ('07). 8 cycles of clomid/serophene, puregon; 2 cycles of IUI; 1 cycle of IVF, 1 more frozen emby for FET. Currently taking a break from western medicine and going for weekly acupuncture treatment and taking Chinese herbs. Praying for a miracle baby.
August 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I used the free trial and got the egg when I O'd. It shows up on the top of the chart.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Veteran
Hi Meghan, thanks. I think I'll reinstall the free-trial again. There must be something I did wrong.
Back to keying in all the temps, urg.

August 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM
BeckyK's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been using ovusoft for a few years. In order to get the little egg, you need your 3 temps above the coverline. They also look for cervical fluid dry up too if you have that setting selected. They also have tech support at their forums: Here

It's a one time fee and the software was far more reliable for me than FF was when I started starting a long time ago.

PM me if you have any more questions!

My Chart

Charting your cycle? Try reading Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler</div>
August 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I need to purchase the ovusoft. I like that they have more choices for CM. Plus, I like that iti s a one time fee.

Sail Back to Me
August 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Veteran
Hi Meghan, yea, I managed to get the nest with the egg . I had to reinstall another version of the free trial. The newer one is called "Ovusoft Fertility Software", and the one I downloaded before, which didn't give me the egg was called "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility Software". I think there are 2 versions of the same software online. They both look slightly different.

Hi Becky, thanks. I'll fiddle around with ovusoft for a few more days until the trial expires. I'll have to sweet talk DH into paying for all these online softwares. With the new ovusoft fertility software, I got the egg at the top but I can't publish my chart online. hmmm..any idea why? The error it gave me was, "The page cannot be found". To put the chart online, does your software say "Upload" or "Publish"?

August 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Veteran
Actually I think I can publish my chart online but I can't view it because I don't have ActiveX Control installed on this PC. I can't download it cuz DH has set the security on this machine as High. Can anyone view this page?

August 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I always upload it and have never published it. Has that worked for you? I can see it when I clicked on that link!

I loved the software and have recommended it to so many people. I hope you can get it! Do you have java loaded on your computer? That's what my computer uses to read it. It looks like you've uploaded the older version of the software.

My chart is in my signature, that's what the newer software looks like...

My Chart

Charting your cycle? Try reading Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler</div>
August 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Miles
Sorry hun dont use it.
August 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Veteran
Hi Becky, thanks your help. I managed to get the chart link to work by installing Java, so now its fine . Thx. I also got my nest egg. The reason I didn't get it in the beginning was because I didn't record "Dry" CM, once I put in dry CM, it gave me the egg and crosshair.

Hi Magan, you didn't like ovusoft very much, eh? Why?
I think ovusoft software is very dependent on CM texture and vaginal sensation. I tried playing with it and if I don't record CM correcly, it would not recognize the O date at all even though there is a clear temp shift. I think FF is a smarter program but I'd still use ovusoft as a back-up. Hopefully I won't need these programs for long though .

August 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I had a feeling Magan didn't like it either.

I'm glad it all worked for you. If you feel that your CM is "off" you can always change it to calculate your temps only. I had to do that my first few cycles after I went on the pill.
I spend most of my time on the OS boards and find that more people have a clearer chart (especially during fertile times) than FF. Some of them use both programs at once to compare them. I also like how it's independant of a website, just in case the site ever went down. The charts seem clearer and not so garbled. That's just my preference.

My Chart

August 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Oh wow.....one time fee huh? Sounds like the perfect thing for people like me who have been at it for a LONG time, and want several more kids! lol Maybe I'll have to look into that instead of getting a VIP subscription to FF.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
August 12th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Oh wow.....one time fee huh? Sounds like the perfect thing for people like me who have been at it for a LONG time, and want several more kids! lol Maybe I'll have to look into that instead of getting a VIP subscription to FF.[/b]

That is a big part of the reason I purchased ovusoft, instead of VIP with FF. Also, since ovusoft is more reliable, and doesn't change you O date aronud the way FF does, you can use it if you are trying to avoid. If people relied on FF for that they would often end up pregnant. I personally think FF is too liberal in the way the software hands out CH with even the slightest temp shift, or with high pre-O temps. Than 5 days later the REAL thermal shift occurs and FF moves the CH to the right day. It is frustrating, espeicallyt whenyou find out you have to start your TWW all over again.

Sail Back to Me
August 12th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Veteran
I also find that ovusoft doesn't give you solid CH or dotted CH so you don't have to worry about your CH. It shows a nest with an egg (which is kinda cute) and you know its O time, and it takes the guess work out of the equation. I'm sure every software in the world is not 100% accurate, so you just have to BD BD BD during the fertile time. And ovusoft does that, it splits the cycle into: low fertility, fertile and infertile area, so that's nice. I can know when to stop BDing so my DH doesn't have to complain too much. If you see my 2nd cycle on my TCOYF chart, you'll know what I mean (DH had to work overtime that cycle).
I'm not trying to promote ovusoft or anything like that, I'm still using FF as my main charting software, this is for backup and something else for me to play with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search