Log In Sign Up

Joey update - infection, home, and BMT news

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 7,096
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Well Joey's infection was caught early on. They say most kids with this particular infection wind up in the ICU. It is called pseudomas aeruginosa.

However because he had negative cultures (not the 3 they said he had to have, but 2) we came home on home health, and 2 IV antibiotics 3x a day. He gets IV meds at 11 AM, 7 PM, and 3 AM.

He is back to his normal self and is happy and energetic.

However we did get some news on his BMT. We are disappointed, and at the same time glad. Its a strange feeling. See... Melanie is not a match for Joey. She's only a 3/6 so she cannot be his donor. While her being the match would lower the risks and complications, it would also mean her going through surgery to donate and thats alot to ask of a 4 yr old who, while willing to do it, does not fully understand what it means. However now we have to put our hope into the registry and hope that theres a match on there, who is able and willing to donate... marrow not periferal stem cells. Thats a lot to ask someone, I know this, but its Joey's best hope now.

To say I am bothered is putting it mildly. While I am glad Melanie doesn't have to go through donation, I am also upset because now its a hope, pray, and wait...

Please pray there is a donor able and willing to save my Joey...
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0