QOTD 12/4/08

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Do you do anything during the holiday season to give to others?

In the past years I have always donated to the local soup kitchen or food pantry. For Thanksgiving I brought a turkey to the food pantry, it literally went back out the door in seconds. I felt bad b/c it was the day before and it was frozen. They said that really they prefer money because they buy from the Boston food bank and money goes further there than giving store gift cards or buying yourself. So for Christmas I will donate a little cash instead.

It was really packed with people. I felt so sad and fortunate at the same time.
December 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My office building sets up a collection for food which I usually donate to. This year I'm volunteering 4 times for the SPCA in front of their display windows at the Macy's in Union Square. I'm out there 2 hours each stint trying to collect money for the SPCA and encourage adoption. I'm going tonight as a matter of fact.
December 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
This year we donated some money to the students at DH's school whose families don't have the money to give them a good Christmas. Every year we mix it up and give in some way but I can't even remember what we did last year.

December 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always send in donations of canned food for my son's school drive and then the PTA does several different things we can go shopping for toothpaste, soaps, socks, gloves, etc and send in for packages they make for needy families, too. I wish I had the means to do so much more than we do, but I know that every little bit helps.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

December 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to donate year round, I don't do anything special at the holidays. I like donating to charities that I believe in, like habitat4humanity, a few jewish charities, schools, etc.

I also donate my time as a doula to single/younger moms or moms in need.

December 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Not enough. I always try to do some toys for tots. My running group sponsors a group that empowers inner city children thru running and every Xmas we buy them gifts, so i always buy a lot of the children gifts, since i do not have any children of my own (NOT YET!!!! NEXT YEAR! WHEEE). This year it is embroidered fleece head bands, last year it was vests and the year before running shirts. These kids are great.

December 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DF and I always do Toys for Tots and donate food to Metropolitan Ministries. I'd love to do more than just donate, but I never seem to have time.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11), Caleb (8/6/12) and Carson (10/14/14)Expecting #4 February 2017!!!
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search