Log In Sign Up

Appt Update

Forum: Natural Childbirth


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 07:29 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 28,213
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Basically, I'm still 4cm and Evan is looking ok on the u/s and NST. I saw a different dr today that I really like. He is supportive of natural childbirth (more than any of the other dr's anyway) and very easy to talk to. He said he'd like for the baby to be born this week but that it was totally my decision if and how I wanted to be induced. We talked a lot and decided to break my water this week. He said since I'm already 4cm and having a lot of contractions that it's probably the only push I'll need to get things going. I've had tons of orgasms, walked as much as I can, tried cumin tea, had my membranes swept. Cervidil isn't really an option because I already have an optimal cervix, he said. And I'm super scared of pitocin, so I hope I made the right decision with breaking my water. He said there is a certain way they can break it that's just a pin-prick type break so it's slow and not too overwhelming. I asked him about being on a time line once the water is broken and he said the only time line is that if I haven't had the baby after 18 hrs then he'll want to start antibiotics. I asked about pressuring me to start a pit drip if contractions don't start after a certain amount of time and he said it's just as much my choice as it is his to offer it, but that he'll never offer it til it's atleast been 6 hours. He will be the dr at the hospital on Wed. and Thurs. so I'll be going in on one of those days if nothing starts on its own before then... I'll get a call tomorrow letting me know which day. He said since he'll be there that he will make sure that I have intermittent monitoring so I can move around like I want to and he'll even see if I can have access to the birth center's tub, so that's great news for me! I'm still really nervous about artifically starting labor but I'm excited too. I just hope that once he breaks my water that contractions start up and my body takes over from there... I still want to go natural and I'll have my doula to help get me through everything.

Sooo, that's my update!

*I'm sure I'll have some negative feedback about choosing to go this route and that's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My intentions for a NCB are still the same.

Last edited by LadyLuck; April 13th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south eastern Mass
Posts: 13,088
no one is going to judge you here sweetie!!! You are keeping your head straight and really doing right by yourself. What more can anyone ask? What does your doula say?
Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,193
Well, you're not going to hear anything negative from me! After I was in active labor for about 16 hours and totally exhausted my midwife broke my water for me because I had been stuck at 7 cm for 3 hours.

I am so happy that you met with this doctor! It sounds like he is a better match for you than the other and will be supportive of your decisions, and that is DEFINTIELY a good thing. I hope you are feeling much better after this appointment today.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26,401
I'm glad you are able to see a doctor you like and he's supportive of NCB. I actually had no idea they offered to break your water to get labor started, I just read about that recently and I was a little suprised. Hopefully you go on your own before that though, I know that's always a better option!
Andrea, mom to 3 beautiful girls - Abigail (8) Annabelle (6) and Alexis (3)

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 20,689
I still have fingers crossed that you go into labor on your own. Wed would be perfect, because it would be all you AND he would be the doc at the hospital. I like him WAY better than the othe rbutthead!!!!!

I don't normally like the idea of inducing for the 'right' provider, but in this case, he seems like your best bet for the birth you want! The other option was pushing surgery for no good reason. I definitely think the AROM of the lesser of two evils.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,302
well I have to say that this Dr. sounds much better than the other one! And I hope you can do it on HIS days!! Good luck!!
***MARTINA*** Mom to Kayla 10/00; Kiarra 10/01; Kameron 06/03; Kassidy 08/05; Karissa 07/09.

Reply With Quote
April 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,355
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Glad you've got a plan! I hope it works out and goes very fast for you!!

Reply With Quote
April 14th, 2009, 04:58 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 17,089
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Wow, what a difference a different doctor makes, huh? I think you are doing definitely what is best for you. Maybe just feeling a little more at ease with the whole thing after yesterday's appt will let your body let go and go into labor. Before long you'll have your lil babe

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0